Flow control for everywhere

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
I predict this morning (14AUG) will have flow control for everywhere. What will poor ORD do?

In case this chart continually updates, there are cells to 540 moving southeasterly towards ORD at this time. 0519Z

EDIT: when I wrote 540 I was thinking 610. Dang brain/finger interface. I guess I have to land to reset.

Last edited:
Nothing here yet. It'll hit me before it hits O'Hare.

I have enough broken tree branches, thank you.

4:14 and coming in now. The rumble in the distance woke me and the cats. Sounds like a fun morning. Glad I will not be driving in it and will instead work from home today.

I gotta tell you it has not been that bad. No SAME Alerts on the WX receiver, no huge winds, and no real storm, just rain. For as bad as the radar looks the reality has been pretty nice.

Those tops at 690 and 700 must be reporting error. Where they keep showing up on the maps is in areas of minimal convection and thinner cloud cover by cross referencing with the sat photos.

I gotta tell you it has not been that bad. No SAME Alerts on the WX receiver, no huge winds, and no real storm, just rain. For as bad as the radar looks the reality has been pretty nice.

Agree. It didn't wake me up. The storms we had this previous weekend were much worse.

Agree. It didn't wake me up. The storms we had this previous weekend were much worse.

Yeah, wasn't terrible. That doesn't mean I didn't get pretty wet on the way to work at 6 this morning, though. :(

Gotta get yourself a raincoat. I was out the door before 5 to hit the gym and it was nice walking int he rain. I did have a rain coat on so only my legs got wet.

Yeah, I've considered it. Most times an umbrella just doesn't cut it -- especially when cabs seem to take such pleasure in sending 10 ft. tall fountains of gutter water spraying across the entire sidewalk. :mad:

Back