Florida in May?

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
Thinking about heading to Florida around mid-May. Looks like they're *planning* two shuttle launches within 3 days of each other. I've always wanted to see a shuttle launch before they are mothballed, so getting two within a few days of each other would be awesome!

http://www.nasa.gov/missions/highlights/schedule.html

Anybody up for a PoA Fly-In? :)

Hmm Chris....That sounds like an excellent idea!

It sounds like a lot of fun, but as Ed points out that's when Wing's is. Since I'll be going to that and seeing a bunch of y'all there, I probably won't just decide to fly to Florida for the weekend.

But if you plan it, I'll consider it. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make 1V6. My guess is this year's adventures will be Wing's, Gaston's, OSH, and 6Y9.

Aztruck to all of them, of course. ;)

Thinking about heading to Florida around mid-May. Looks like they're *planning* two shuttle launches within 3 days of each other. I've always wanted to see a shuttle launch before they are mothballed, so getting two within a few days of each other would be awesome!

FYI, there will not be 2 shuttle launches within three days. :no:

STS-125 is the final Hubble Space Telescope servicing mission. It has been delayed until at least May, awaiting some equipment to be installed on Hubble. If that equipment is ready for the May launch, STS-127 will be delayed until June. If that equipment is not ready and further delays the launch of STS-125, then STS-127 will be launched in May.

Of course, that does give VERY good odds that there will be a shuttle launch that week! :yes:

It would be doubly cool if STS-125 (Atlantis) is launched from 39A that week, though, because Atlantis will be unable to reach the ISS from the Hubble orbit in case of foam/tile issues at launch, so Discovery will be ready and sitting on 39B. Having two shuttles on the pads at once is very rare!

Count me in. I'll figure out a way.

the good news is the wings fly in is not set to retire after 2010.

Scott, off to Cairo? Was there 2 years ago for Biz and pleasure. An interesting experience...

Scott, off to Cairo? Was there 2 years ago for Biz and pleasure. An interesting experience...
Yes sir, for biz. I have to be in Ireland the following week so my plane is to spend a couple of day in Egypt after works ends and then head up to Ireland on Sunday. I am hoping to get to Giza. Well of course all of this is dependent on still having a job too!

Oohh, tempting. If I fly down to Ames, have you got room in your plane for me?:D

I'm up for it. I'm close to Titusville, in fact was just at the space center over the holidays. The last launch I watched from my driveway - very cool to see the launch on tv then walk out the front door and see it streaking across the sky.

Anyhoo, what can I do to help?

I'm up for it. I'm close to Titusville, in fact was just at the space center over the holidays. The last launch I watched from my driveway - very cool to see the launch on tv then walk out the front door and see it streaking across the sky.

Anyhoo, what can I do to help?

Laurie, if it comes together take the crew to Dixie Crossroads for supper. That was my favorite spot for rock shrimp when I lived in central FLA.:yes:

Back