Flights in a B-17 or B-24 are available...

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
While talking with our folks in operations about a project that is nearing completion I was asked if i was going to attend the aviation fest at the end of the month. I didn't even know about it! I thought I would post this and see if there is any interest. I may take the day off and fly (not drive :D ) to Cape May and get on board either aircraft for a chance to ride along.

Aug 30, 31 & Sept 1B17 and B24 TourThe Wings of Freedom Tour will be at NASW. Ground Tours and actual flights will be available. Flights in the B-17 or B-24 are available with a $425 tax-deductible donation. This is a "once in a life time" experience, there are only a few B-17 & B24 still flying.

Aug 31stAviation Festival In celebration of the Collins Foundation's B-17 & B-24 visit the museum will host its annual AirFest, featuring vendors, exhibitions , food and more.

NAVAL AIR STATION WILDWOOD, NJ

COLLINGS FOUNDATION

Last edited:
wesleyj said:
If you have the cash to spare, it is truly a memorable experiance.
I wish... Raven II transition time is $500/hr with CFI! I still need 7 hrs to satisfy the insurance company so I can fly solo...

Maybe next year...

RotaryWingBob said:
I wish... Raven II transition time is $500/hr with CFI! I still need 7 hrs to satisfy the insurance company so I can fly solo...

Maybe next year...
:hairraise: :hairraise: :hairraise: Bob are you gonna have any money left to fly that thing once you get the nod? WOW! I'd have thought that if your shelling out the major bucks to buy one of those new Robinson would comp you the transition training. I know guys who jumped up to The Piper Turbines and the PC12s who got comped at Flight Saftey by the broker when the purchased.

AdamZ said:
:hairraise: :hairraise: :hairraise: Bob are you gonna have any money left to fly that thing once you get the nod? WOW! I'd have thought that if your shelling out the major bucks to buy one of those new Robinson would comp you the transition training. I know guys who jumped up to The Piper Turbines and the PC12s who got comped at Flight Saftey by the broker when the purchased.
Robinson doesn't comp nobody for nothin', Adam :(

We're doing more training this weekend (last two tries got weathered out), and then a session the following Saturday with the DE who did my RH rating -- at least that's in a R44-I at a mere $435...

Ironically, we're expecting that the R44-II will cost us around $200/hr at least for the first couple of years, but then flight school insurance costs more than ours will.

Back