Flight Training in San Francisco Bay Area

ilove2fly925

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Daniel
I'm looking to finish my instrument training in the SF Bay Area in my families airplane.

I'm looking for a CFI with G500 and GTN 750 experience.Looking to train 2-3 times a week at an accelerated pace and finish my IFR ticket ASAP.

Please let me know your recommendations.

Thank you!

The Bay Area is a big place. Which airport is your family's airplane kept at?

I was out of KCCR but we just moved to KLVK. I'm really not concerned with the airport as I can fly to them if needed. I just want to find a good instructor who I gel well with. I want to finish my IFR and Commercial in a timely manor especially if I'm flying 2-3 days a week.

I looked at one of those 10 day programs but I'm not sure if I can really learn in that limited time frame.

You will not be able to get into PAO for instrument training on the best days. Recently, it's been every morning.

If you train where the airplane is parked, you might get some actual IMC.

There are plenty of CFIIs at both Livermore and Concord.

You will not be able to get into PAO for instrument training on the best days. Recently, it's been every morning...
If he wants to start his lessons in the morning, that's true.

There are plenty of CFIIs at both Livermore and Concord.

Finding an instructor where the plane is based would definitely be the best solution. He seems to be looking for recommendations of specific instructors, so hopefully folks who have used instructors at Livermore will speak up.

I've found CFI's in the area. Most don't have a CFII or they have zero experience with the glass. Frustrating...

Email Mark Pollard. He's a CFII and knows Garmins. He did my 172RG checkout in KLVK and is a decent guy.

Back