Flight Schools in NW Florida?

ktup-flyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ktup-flyer
Anyone have recommendations for flight schools in the PCB/Destin/Pensacola area?

When it comes to FL, tailwheels etc and jack brown come to mind.

Those are the only two I've heard anything good about, I'm sure there are other good schools, just that's all I know.

I've looked into Tailwheels etc. What about Destin Jet?

I learned to fly there. Great bunch of guys when I was around. The FBO itself is top notch.

Not a whole lot of other schools. KCEW has a small one. KPNS has one. I don't think KECP has one.

Ferguson (82J) had a few cubs on the rental/training line. Great place to learn squirrelly winds, airspace, and a 500' pattern. And good folks running it.

If you have access to your own plane and need a top qual CFI, PM me for a guy in the PNS area.

I will put a plug in for Tailwheels...they have the accelerated program down to a science if that is what you are looking for.

That is where I trained and haven't crashed yet!

Thanks guys! I'm going to Destin in 2 weeks, so I'm going to check out Destin Jet, at the very least.

There is a flight school at the Defuniak Springs Airport in Florida. They do accelerated training and a PPL can be obtained in 2-3 weeks. site is dsfa .us. Flight training in 172s and offer Cessna Caravan (208 with G-1000) training too. Defuniak is near Destin and Ft Walton Beach.

Tailwheels etc is tits up, the new owners have an poor reputation and seam to cater to foreign students similar to the former Dean Aviation. I called the new place, and immediately got a bad feeling, he even told me they had bad reviews on the net, but they would have me certificated in a week and a half, since I have 23 hrs, AKT, 3rd class, and student pilot certificate already. Something about the guy on the phone just put me off though. Gave him My email and waiting to hear back, but I will likely pass on this. And things at my current school are much better with new CFI, this one is toilet trained.
https://www.internationalaeroacademy.com/

Back