Flight Lesson: 07/01/09

Snaggletooth

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Dustin
Just got back from my flight lesson. A tad bit rougher but still pretty good.

After I preflighted the plane and did the run up we took off of runway three five with a west departure. Climbed up to 2,500ft and started Power On Stalls. If you remember from Last_week I managed to nearly put the C152 in to a spin on my first Power On Stall. This weeks Stalls went much better with no bad yawing. :D After five Power On Stalls we headed back to KLBX for Touch and Goes.

This is point that things did not go as great as I would have liked. When we got to the airport I saw a bunch of big trucks on the runway putting a patch down on the runway. So the runway all the way to Golf (1,400ft) from One Seven was closed. So that and a 3-10kt crosswind upset my normal routine making landings a tad more rough. On the 4th Touch and Go, A Stearman Pilot came over the Radio saying he was coming in for One Seven doing touch and Goes. The 5th landing was a Full stop, so for a brief little bit I got to share the Sky's with a Stearman!

All in all I did not do to bad.

Next Lesson is July 8th and we'll be doing Emergency Procedures

Last edited:
I really enjoy read'n your lessons, Snag. Can't wait for todays.

I've got 1.5hrs log'd now, missed today cause the cfi was up most of the night cloud seeding....I go thur am.

Keeps us up to date.:D

I've got 1.5hrs log'd now, missed today cause the cfi was up most of the night cloud seeding....I go thur am.

cloud seeding in Kansas...is that really necessary??

Sometimes seeding is used to initiate rain before enough energy is accumulated to make the cell dangerous. Could that be the case here?

I'm not 100% sure on this, but it helps to suppress hail, also. It can be a hot topic and I'm not well informed. His/GWMD covers a large area out here in w.ks, something close to (rough area) Colorado border east to Dodge city, north to I-70, south to Sublette......general area anyway.

As far as I know, it gives particals to produce rain and helps suppress hail.:dunno: Can be a hot topic w/some people so I stay out of it.

we did get thunderstorms this morning. i was just kidding around about the idea of needing anymore rain/storms etc. around here.

we did get thunderstorms this morning. i was just kidding around about the idea of needing anymore rain/storms etc. around here.

OH HE!! ! It is really hard to tell sometimes on this forum, I'm have'n a tough time w/that. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Some are real serious........I'm NOT.:D

I should have known, you come out to Useless......er I mean Ulysses:rolleyes: to fly your kite:rofl:. All joke'n aside, I do want to take a lesson or two in one of those.:thumbsup:

Alright, back to snag's post.

Just got back from my lesson today. I'm fixing to start writing this weeks thread.

Back