Flight Lesson: 03-26-10 - Long Solo XC

Snaggletooth

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Dustin
Man, it was a beautiful for Flying in the Skys over South Eastern Texas today. Great Vis, Clear below 12,000ft, light turb. I did my Long Solo XC Flight today. Went from BYY --> ELA --> VCT --> PSX VOR --> BYY, with Touch and Goes at ELA and VCT. Just as it should be, it was an uneventful Flight. Nothing really special to report on.

I got to the Airport and realized I had forgot the Camera, so no Pics or Videos this time around.

I plan to take advantage of the great weather forecast this weekend and go back up Sunday.

I now have 42.1 Hours logged.

Great news. Sounds like you really enjoyed it. Getting to close to the end of the journey!!

I had a great time. It was another one of those times when you get a taste of what being a Private Pilot is like.

Sounds like the next step is prepping for the check ride. After the XCs it all goes very fast. I agree SCs are what being a pilot is all about.

I have a few more Solo's to do (One should be tomorrow if the wind lets me) so I can get my 5 Hour minimum. But, yes, the checkride is very close.

I have a few more Solo's to do (One should be tomorrow if the wind lets me) so I can get my 5 Hour minimum. But, yes, the checkride is very close.

Good on you, Snags!

I just noticed the banner beneath your signature. "Simper" is incorrect. "Semper" - latin for "always", is correct. Just ask any Marine!

-Skip (USN, not USMC)

I just noticed the banner beneath your signature. "Simper" is incorrect. "Semper" - latin for "always", is correct. Just ask any Marine!

I should have known that lol. thanks for pointing it out.

Back