Flight instruction at 3M0

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Was mentioned in another thread, about some people getting close on the 61.56 requirement. If anyone wants to hit me up for that, shoot me a PM.

You provide the airplane.

Was mentioned in another thread, about some people getting close on the 61.56 requirement. If anyone wants to hit me up for that, shoot me a PM.

You provide the airplane.

Im willing too. I'd be happy to help with any flight review, IPC, or just plain ole recurrent training that anyone needs. Let me know ahead of time though. Also, will have to be in your airplane, i can't give instruction to non club members in the club airplane.

Im willing too. I'd be happy to help with any flight review, IPC, or just plain ole recurrent training that anyone needs. Let me know ahead of time though. Also, will have to be in your airplane, i can't give instruction to non club members in the club airplane.
And similarly, some (many?) club/rental airplanes have the restriction that non club/FBO instructors cannot be used to give instruction in them.

Yet another reason not to be in a club!

And similarly, some (many?) club/rental airplanes have the restriction that non club/FBO instructors cannot be used to give instruction in them.

Yeah but I think that a flight review is not instruction .

unfortunately. you may be able to persuade them with assurance that the instructor is merely evaluating your performance, not teaching you how to fly the airplane, and you are remaining PIC at all times. maybe not though.

Flight training is considered instruction.

Ed: I think he meant according to flying club rules.

In our club planes, a flight review or IPC is allowed. The instructor may have to be approved.

In my plane, instruction is not permitted that qualifies one to fly the plane by my insurance coverage, but IPCs and flight reviews are allowed. Open pilot warranty coverage is offered, but the requirements are high including the instructor taking an annual course in the aircraft.

Best,

Dave

Ed: I think he meant according to flying club rules.

In our club planes, a flight review or IPC is allowed. The instructor may have to be approved.

In my plane, instruction is not permitted that qualifies one to fly the plane by my insurance coverage, but IPCs and flight reviews are allowed. Open pilot warranty coverage is offered, but the requirements are high including the instructor taking an annual course in the aircraft.

Best,

Dave

For a plane like yours, or even to a lesser extent mine, I can definitely see that. But a run of the mill 172, 182, or PA28, I think the no-instruction clauses are reedonkulous. I am actually glad I got instruction in mine before taking it home, because the approach is of significant enough difference from the Cherokees that someone w/o the time in it could botch it up should the need arise to take over.

For a plane like yours, or even to a lesser extent mine, I can definitely see that. But a run of the mill 172, 182, or PA28, I think the no-instruction clauses are reedonkulous. I am actually glad I got instruction in mine before taking it home, because the approach is of significant enough difference from the Cherokees that someone w/o the time in it could botch it up should the need arise to take over.

I certainly share your opinion. If folks would quit bending and breakin 'em, it would help. I had a heck of a time moving up to the P-Baron; even with other Baron time.
I fly with an older retired Navy pilot that has over 3,000 ME hours. He handles the plane very well, but he's not insured while flying.

I still don't understand the big deal in getting a flight review or IPC in my plane if the instructor does reasonable things and I'm flying. Oh, well.

Best,

Dave

I think that the intent/purpose of the clause is so that people don't take club/FBO planes and go do all of their training with an independent instructor, thus depriving the club/FBO (and their instructors!) of that revenue. There may also be insurance considerations involved. And I don't think that is an unreasonable stance to take, though it could at times pose an inconvenience. It may also be something that could be waived in some circumstances, but it's better to know beforehand.

Because I think it's great that Ed's offering the opportunity!

I agree that any competent instructor with at least some recent time in a 172 should be competent to give flight reviews in any 172 but club policies are usually dictated by their insurance carrier who isn't likely to agree unless they have had someone they trust pass judgement on the CFI in question.

A lot of accidents seem to happen when a plane is piloted by two pilots. The old hang on and watch this problem. Maybe that is why they don't want the club plane used for BFR or other instruction. Bob

And of course, the club snitches are all going to be at this gig to rat you dudes out. If it were me, what happens at Gaston's stays at Gaston's. But that's just me.

Back