Flight Guide format change

nddons

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Stan
Does anyone else find the Flight Guide format change execution a little odd? A few weeks ago I received a letter saying that they are changing from their current format to either a spiral bound format or a larger ring binder format - my choice. But I never learned how to make that choice when my subscription is up.

I visited their booth at AirVenture, and didn't get a much better answer. They had a sample spiral bound book, with blank pages in it, I guess just to show you the relative size. They did not have a copy of the "new" larger ring binder version. When I asked about how I make that election, they said I could do so on line.

They were all over the EFB and the electronic versions of Flight Guide that they were selling, however.

I like Flight Guide, but it seems a little disconcerting that they didn't seem to have very good execution of their format change in time for AirVenture. Do you think the Flight Guide as we know it is going the way of the buggy whip?

Edit: Oh, and they looked like they were still selling a lot of "old" format binders and updates, though I understand the phase in will take place by region over the next few months.

Last edited:
I love my flight guide. It's about time for me to get my renewal. sure hope I ain't gotta spend a bunch on a new binder!

Back