Flight Following Up the Coast

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
How many of you are old enough to remember the movie "PEYTON PLACE?" It was filmed in Camden, Maine, a great little coastal town about 15 miles from where I grew up(Cushing). Here are a couple shots of Camden and/or Camden Harbor. There was some sort of festival happening at the time -- Camden Harbor Days?? The harbor had been full of watercraft from small to large yachts; however, the fleet had thinned by the time I was circling the area.

At the extreme East of one of the first photo is a long and slightly arched, old factory building, Knox Woolen Mills. Long after its mill days it became the headquarters of MBNA Corp. David Crosby(Crosby, Stills & Nash) lives in Camden, as does Donny McLean of "Bye, Bye, Miss American Pie." The Efrem Zimbalist family of musician, actor and actress also spent many summers at the family estate.

HR

Attachments

• Camden_5458(2).jpg
    Camden_5458(2).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • Camden_1.jpg
    Camden_1.jpg
    824.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Always go to Camden or Boothbay.. every time I'm home.
One of the "required stops", along with LLBean.

Used to sail with the father-in-law (before he was an inlaw) at Lincolnville Beach. He had a mooring where the ferry came in for his sailboat, camped at Mt Battie park.

Be sure to let me know before you arrive in May. I received an e-mail -- and a follow-up invoice -- from Twitchell's Airport that my plane's annual is done. $650 Labor; $80.01 for miscellaneous parts(and sales tax). Not bad eh? It in-the-end pays to keep up with day-to-day maintenance on a 1971 bird.

HR

Back