Flew yesterday - twice...

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
While I am mired in the middle of tax season working umpteen hours a day, I took yesterday off (yes Stan, I did - I know stupid me and I will pay for it this week). I needed a mental diversion to refresh myself (slept great).

First trip was an Instrument XC with ILS and circle to land to RFD (all under hood except when we reached the minimum), shot a touch and go, and then back to PWK under the hood, and did the ILS on 16.

Second was a flight to DKB, for a $300 lunch. It was nice weather albeit bumpy and winds picking up in the afternoon. But 3.4 hours of flying yesterday was bliss.

:goofy::wink2::D

Great form of mental rejuvenation. Mine was a 3 hr XC, 1.3 IMC with an icing encounter (climbed back between layers to exit) and a GPS to minimums in IMC with a circle to land in quartering gusts to 21. That was fun!

It was really nice around here yesterday. Almost all the ice is gone from inside the hangar.

No flying, but I got the patch on top of the gas tank up to the last coat of silver, flipped the wing over, cleaned up the bottom and have the fabric glued on. Routed a new fuel line from the wing root location to under the panel (didn't flare the ends yet). (One of those "as long as it's apart" jobs.) Who knows, it might even fly again some day soon!

Where did you eat at DKB? I didnt know there was a place on the field.
I flew yesterday from DPA to VYS and flew along the river down there for a bit. Bumpy coming back around 1130.

Flying is a HUGE diversion for me and my work. Also, my TW landings keep me humble. :rolleyes:

Where did you eat at DKB? I didnt know there was a place on the field.
I flew yesterday from DPA to VYS and flew along the river down there for a bit. Bumpy coming back around 1130.

We got a courtesy car. Grabbed fish n chips at an Irish pub on Lincoln highway.

Honestly no one other than pilots understands how great flying is in terms of escaping stress. When I tell my non pilot friends this they think I'm nuts because the associate flying with stress!

There really is nothing like being alone or with a good friend enjoying a flight!

While I am mired in the middle of tax season working umpteen hours a day, I took yesterday off (yes Stan, I did - I know stupid me and I will pay for it this week). I needed a mental diversion to refresh myself (slept great).

First trip was an Instrument XC with ILS and circle to land to RFD (all under hood except when we reached the minimum), shot a touch and go, and then back to PWK under the hood, and did the ILS on 16.

Second was a flight to DKB, for a $300 lunch. It was nice weather albeit bumpy and winds picking up in the afternoon. But 3.4 hours of flying yesterday was bliss.

:goofy::wink2::D

Well done, sir! I haven't been PIC since November, but last Sunday one of my partners flew from Racine in his 172, picked me up at KUES, and we grabbed a $100 breakfast at the Jet Room at KMSN. It was only the 2nd time I've been a PAX since I became a pilot in 2004, and it was fun to handle navigation and the radios (at the PIC's request) and really focus on ForeFlight vs. just taking glances when I'm flying.

Back