Flatulence causes plane to divert

How embarrassing for the poor lady.

That said, I laughed, and would laugh again. I'd also rather smell matches than fart.

I'd rather smell some farts than some people's perfumes and aftershaves. Farts might knock me unconscious, but at least they don't break me out in hives! LOL!!

I was on a 777 to Narita earlier this year that had to divert to Anchorage because a pax could not go number 1 and was in extreme pain. They took him off on a stretcher, his prostrate was so enlarged he was having a bunch of problems. He just wanted to get home to Japan and thought he could manage it for 14 hours. He was wrong.

Another reason ot get a Tiger. There's a placard on the panel:

"In case of flatulance, open canopy, eject occupant."

;)

I have to say, for all the commercial flying I've done, I've been lucky enough not to sit next to stinkers. for that matter people who don't fit in their own seat, either. (luckily, there is usually an empty seat next to me too)

I have to say, for all the commercial flying I've done, I've been lucky enough not to sit next to stinkers. for that matter people who don't fit in their own seat, either. (luckily, there is usually an empty seat next to me too)
I was sitting in the middle seat of a 727 once and the airplane was completely full -- except for the aisle seat next to me. The last passenger boarded. I swear the airplane tipped slightly as she got on board. She was so heavy her chest -- I won't say boobs -- hit the seatback in front of her. She was using up at least half of my space. And she was one of those people who thought perfume was an acceptable substitute for personal hygiene ... or actually she probably couldn't reach. That flight ranks right up there with fixing the broken sanitary system in the boat (crawling through raw sewage in the bilge) for sheer disgust factor.

I would insist on being seated elsewhere, or, leave the plane. I'm not kidding. I would probably retch through most of the flight if the smell were that bad.

I was sitting in the middle seat of a 727 once and the airplane was completely full -- except for the aisle seat next to me. The last passenger boarded. I swear the airplane tipped slightly as she got on board. She was so heavy her chest -- I won't say boobs -- hit the seatback in front of her. She was using up at least half of my space. And she was one of those people who thought perfume was an acceptable substitute for personal hygiene ... or actually she probably couldn't reach. That flight ranks right up there with fixing the broken sanitary system in the boat (crawling through raw sewage in the bilge) for sheer disgust factor.

Did you charge her for half of what the flight costs you?
I had to explain to a large woman once, who insisted that the armrest be 'up' because she didn't fit in her seat, that I paid for the armrest and I wanted it down and that if any part of her body lapped over onto my seat I would charge her for that portion. And that all her carry on crap had to stay on her side as well. Not sure how or why they let her on with four bags. If she was too large to fit her body and all her stuff into one seat, she should have bought two seats.. The armrest stayed down for the whole flight.

Back