Flash Chat

Its working for me... try clearing your browser cache and try again?

Greebo said:
Its working for me... try clearing your browser cache and try again?

I am having the same problem on and off. Latest was at 11:20 AM 10/29/05. Clearing the cache doesn't always work. Besides, I NEVER had that problem with the old version.

It is 8:40 PM on 10/29/05 and I cannot get into Chat. This is very annoying and I am getting ****ed off. It is a problem that needs fixing. NOW.

happens here too. Sometimes I get a page cannot be displayed. Other times it works. I found that refreshing the page a few times will let me in.

Well, Greg, I can get into chat fine, on every machine from which I try it. I can't reproduce the problem you are experiencing, so I can't diagnose it.

But as chat is working for other people, and not for you, that leads to the conclusion that the problem you're experiencing is occuring on your end.

Try clearing your cache and removing all temporary files and try again.

I am having the same problem. Sometimes comes up fine. Other times I get "page not found". Something seems to be in the software.

mark

AHA!

Found it!

I couldn't reproduce it because I was always clicking the link from one of the forum locations. But the link itself wouldn't work from home page, links or gallery.

Now it will.

Greebo said:
AHA!

Found it!

I couldn't reproduce it because I was always clicking the link from one of the forum locations. But the link itself wouldn't work from home page, links or gallery.

Now it will.

Thanks Chuck. I was going to say "Been there, done that" with your suggestions, but irrelevent now.

Greg Bockelman said:
Thanks Chuck. I was going to say "Been there, done that" with your suggestions, but irrelevent now.
Just a tip for next time you run into a problem that requires tech support:

Copy down the error message (when one is displayed) and make notes about what you did before the problem appeared.

Without symptoms, diagnosis is nigh impossible. :)

Greebo said:
Just a tip for next time you run into a problem that requires tech support:

Copy down the error message (when one is displayed) and make notes about what you did before the problem appeared.

Without symptoms, diagnosis is nigh impossible. :)

True, true. But I had not put together the fact that it would not boot from the home page but would from others. It's things like that that tend to drive one up a wall.

Back