Flagstaff, AZ Plane Crash

Link doesn't allow me to read the article. :(

edit: it's there, scrolled down and finally found it

Last edited:
Really? Just checked it...will post another when I get to work

Anyone have the tail number? Was this his plane or a rental?

Flag can be tricky at times.
Brisk wind, trees galore, high density altitudes, false impression of available sky.
Prolly no problem for those of us brought up in the hills, but I can see Flat Landers having problems, especially if they intend on gaining altitude by pulling on the yoke (or taking off to the north)

It was a Seneca. I don't think it was a DA issue. Perhaps combo of DA and engine failure, but that's just a wild guess.

Brisk wind, trees galore, high density altitudes, false impression of available sky.
Prolly no problem for those of us brought up in the hills, but I can see Flat Landers having problems, especially if they intend on gaining altitude by pulling on the yoke (or taking off to the north)

I have been to Sedona and Prescott and Payson but I am nervous to take a 172 to Flagstaff...

I didn't think it was that bad, if you were aware what the weather is. Granted, I took off there once with the wind gusting over 40 and it was quite bumpy.

I always wondered how this blood operation was a legal operation, operating with part 91 volunteers. It's basically a scheduled flight moving cargo across the state. I'm surprised no 135 operation tried to put a stop to it.

Nobody's getting paid anything.

Wow, those broken tree trunks are big and solid - he hit it hard.

I didn't think it was that bad, if you were aware what the weather is. Granted, I took off there once with the wind gusting over 40 and it was quite bumpy.

I always wondered how this blood operation was a legal operation, operating with part 91 volunteers. It's basically a scheduled flight moving cargo across the state. I'm surprised no 135 operation tried to put a stop to it.
It may have been an AngelFlight. A few years ago, blood transport was very common in Colorado. Shortly after 911, we were put on alert for blood transports that never happened.

It may have been an AngelFlight. A few years ago, blood transport was very common in Colorado. Shortly after 911, we were put on alert for blood transports that never happened.
True, AF has been doing some blood/organ movements.

It was an org called "Flights for Life". Basically they specialize in this blood transport thing.

As far as I know, this is the 2nd plane that's had a fatal accident on one of their flights. But the last one was at least 15-20 years ago I think.

Loss of situational awareness with high terrain at night...

Back