Fix my Firefox

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
for some reason when im opening new webpages it seems that the first try is rarely successful. like if i click a link or type something in from this page, it will show server not available but hitting return in the address bar or try again will bring the page up. what the hell?

Did that just start today? Mine did it very briefly earlier in the day but it seems to have resolved. spooky.

yes i believe it did start today richard.

I haven't noticed anything...

Have you tried the usual things (empty the cache, clear the history, etc.)? Maybe there's a little corruption.

I had the same snafu yesterday for a couple of hours. It seemed to clear itself up however :dunno:

Mine hangs (one the Mac) too. I've been blaming the DSL line, but the Windows machine doesn't do it.

There are many reports of the current version of Firefox being buggy. *sigh*

well i havent really done anything to try to fix it. thats why I was asking. Mike I dont know that I have the current version of Firefox, downloaded it a while ago. It may do automatic updates...

Odd... I haven't had any trouble with it on Windows or Linux... Can't speak for Mac, though.

But then again, I have FF set to clear the cache, history, and so forth every time it closes. A corrupted file or two in the cache often causes problems like this. Maybe the most recent FF tends toward that sort of problem, but I never noticed it because I routinely tweak all my browsers to automatically discard all that cr@p when I close them.

Haven't heard anything about it until today, though.

Rich

Mine does that every now and then. I usually just jiggle the DSL wire and it seems to start working again. Scientific fix, right.

Back