Five Airplanes for Sale (1/23/17 edition)

Saw a Lancair JetProp that got my dreaming attention for a while....

Mooney #1 (the 1996 model) I really wish I could own. Basics of aircraft type fit current and future missions, specifics even more, and the panel has nearly everything I could want for a piston single. And ask price ain't bad for what it is/has.

Somebody educate me. Why are Mooneys so exciting besides the obvious? I hear decent power to weight, speed and useful load. How about MX and fuel?

Mooney's have tight access to the magnetos, but mechanics see them frequently so they manage. Not a big maintenance hog. They go far and fast on little fuel. Their seats are low to the floor. Pilot hardly bends his knees. They are easy to fly. Biggest consideration is the gear. But that is true in any retract. For a certified plane, probably as fast and economical as they get if they are comfortable enough for you. Try one out.

They're primarily in South Africa. Hopefully with (dozens of) Aux fuel tanks...

Mooney #1 (the 1996 model) I really wish I could own. Basics of aircraft type fit current and future missions, specifics even more, and the panel has nearly everything I could want for a piston single. And ask price ain't bad for what it is/has.
I agree. I'm almost 100% on a 310 but MSE's like this one and an Ovation that pops up here and there really get me thinking hard.

Back