FitBit

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
After Peggy's thread first alerting me to FitBit's existence, and some investigating around what nutrition and activity app's for iPhone make use of the information, plus the need to have a more visible "get your butt in gear" motivator, I've ordered a FitBit Ultra. www.fitbit.com. Got the blue one. Because blue is cool.

Since we've had a few threads in recent past about improving our health, I've started this one to share with you my experience with the FitBit device plus my results as I use it.

Observations, comments, questions, critiques, and such are welcome.

My Wife uses one. It is a fine motivational tool. "Oh I am at 8k steps today, I am going for a quick walk"

I lost mine. Need to buy another one. Love it. Feels like my walking-friend is gone.

PS: Never take flying with you.

Reading the online manual, I discovered this in the section on "Sleep Mode"
  • Sleep mode also displays your steps, miles, and calories since you entered sleep mode. Once you exit sleep mode, you will resume seeing your daily total.
Steps and miles.... while sleeping? :yikes: Funny! :rofl:

Peggy; were you making use of the website or another diary system?

My wife bought on for me for Christmas (was she trying to tell me something?) last year. I wear it daily and have enjoyed the data downloads. One thing I've noticed is that my sleep efficiency is much better than I thought.

Got one a month or so ago..... Love it. Had a Jawbone Up before that but it only lasted a week before dying.

You have to be diligent with food entry, weigh or verify portions, but it's worth it. The calorie counting coupled with the daily goal is nice when trying to manage or loose weight. Battery lasts for a week consistently. It's a nice tool. I haven't paid for the premium membership yet, but the trial data comparison gives you a good idea of how you stack up to the rest of people.

Also, we got the wifi scale as well. The automatic recording of data is nice, and you get rewards for loosing weight.

Last edited:
At least four friends of mine have fitbits and love 'em.

Peggy; were you making use of the website or another diary system?
Yes. The website is great. I recorded my weight daily and let it record my distance and stairs. After awhile, I ignored the food intake since it was the same every day. I love getting badges. As you can see from my golden parachute badge, me and my Lycoming have climbed over 1000 stairs.:wink2:

Attachments

• fitbit_badges.jpg
    fitbit_badges.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 153
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back