First Student Checkride

Don Jones

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
DJones
I have my first student checkride on Saturday morning. I have been flying with him every day this week. He is doing well with the flying, and has been studying like crazy, but I am still sweating it!!! Jeez, I am more worried than he is, what's wrong with that picture?

that sounds about right Don. he'll be fine, and you'll be relieved. have fun!

I hope so Tony, do you ever get less stressed about it? I will be glad when the first one is over. Then I have 2 more within the next 2 weeks. Predict I will be bald by mid July!

yea the first is the worst, just like soloing a student. first one drives you batty, the ones after that are not so bad. i still get anxious for the students when they are on checkrides but i dont worry anymore.

my 1st signoff had to transition to a warrior after doing 38 hrs in an archer, cancelled for weather once, and then finally got his checkride done about 2 days before both of us were leaving for different colleges. talk about stress!

yea the first is the worst, just like soloing a student. first one drives you batty, the ones after that are not so bad. i still get anxious for the students when they are on checkrides but i dont worry anymore.

my 1st signoff had to transition to a warrior after doing 38 hrs in an archer, cancelled for weather once, and then finally got his checkride done about 2 days before both of us were leaving for different colleges. talk about stress!

That is almost the situation with this one. He is moving Saturday afternoon after the checkride. I wish I had a couple of more hours with him, but I guess I will have to trust he will come through it.:fcross:

AAARRRG, Checkride was moved from Saturday to Sunday at 7. I got a call from one of the other instructors at 11 PM Saturday night saying the airplane was down. The airspeed indicator was inop. I went out early on sunday to see if it was just a bug in the pitot or something and found the indicator itself was jacked up. The needle was bent and it was behind the stop preventing it from moving. How the hell that happened I haven't a clue!!! This plane belongs to the school and is extremely well maintained. The only other A/C on the field to rent were also down, which is common for them. Checkride postponed until ??????

gah that sucks Don. has to be done this week right?

ah well im glad that it will work out. cant be that hard to pop a new ASI in can it?

gah that sucks Don. has to be done this week right?

Well, he went ahead and moved yesterday. Luckily he is only moving 120 miles away, so he is just gonna come back when the airplane is ready and stay in a motel. Hopefully it won't take long to get the plane going. On a good note, the stu was a little weak on the mock oral and it gives him a few days to bone up some more.:yinyang: The DE did not want to do just the oral on Sunday.

Back