First Solo!

t0r0nad0

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
PJ Gustafson
Hey everyone, I soloed this morning! My CFI Joe and I did 4 trips around the pattern together, with 3 landings and one go-around. Then we taxied back to the ramp and he hopped out, then I did 3 trips around the pattern solo. My girlfriend and my Project Pilot mentor were on-hand to witness the occasion, and here are some pictures. I'll be cutting together a video and posting on Youtube soon.

Here's me in front of the 172N that I soloed in, me and my mentor, Jeff, me and my CFI, Joe, and Joe keeping an old tradition alive (although I had to talk him in to doing so).

Attachments

• PJ and 1629E_Small.JPG
    PJ and 1629E_Small.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 34
  • PJ and Jeff_Small.JPG
    PJ and Jeff_Small.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 32
  • PJ and Joe_Small.JPG
    PJ and Joe_Small.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Shirt Cutting_Small.JPG
    Shirt Cutting_Small.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 42
Congrats PJ... nicely done.

Woo Hoo! Way to go, PJ! Feels good, doesn't it?

Thanks, everyone. It does feel good, Jason :), and HPNFlyGirl, that smile hasn't left my face yet!

Greatest feeling in the world isn't it? I soloed a year ago from next Tuesday, I remember looking over at the front passengers seat and seeing no one there...a really incredible feeling!

Flyin' high in that Texas sky!

You'll be checkride bait in no time; congratulations.

Congrats! It is a great feeling, I still get excited when I am flying alone.

Awesome, congrats! I still have my cut up shirt from when I solo'd. Feels good flying alone, doesn't it? In the Air Force we were thrown into a pool with our flight suits on after we solo'd.

Ack! I missed this one, congrats! It goes fast now, XC's, PTS practice, next thing you'll know, you'll be up for your checkride. Keep at it...

I feel like Tail-end Charlie on this thread, but hey, congratulations on the solo!

You'll have the certificate in no time now. Plenty of fly-ins and other destinations out there to explore. Hope to see you at one soon.

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone. I did my second solo flight today, this time out to the practice area for some maneuvers, then back in for some short/soft field procedures. I have a ground school on w&b and perf. charts tomorrow night, a dual flight to practice vor tracking on Sat., a ground school to plan a x-c on Sun., flying the x-c dual on Mon. PM, and more solo Tues. & Wed.! If all continues to go well, I should have the ticket by the end of July, then I'll be working on getting it wet.

I found a free online logbook at www.aviationlogs.com. If you don't already have an online logbook, I'd recommend this one. It's customizable as far as what fields you want to have, and it's free! Here's a link to my "public" logbook: http://www.aviationlogs.com/users/t0r0nad0hotmailcom/publiclogbook.asp. I like it because it will tally everything for me, and also allow me to export to Excel so that I can manipulate and tally for myself.

Also, stay tuned for an announcement on behalf of The 1940 Air Terminal Museum... this is something that could help me attend many of the flying events in the area after I get my license... :)

Back