First Solo! What A Great Feeling

eric_ocean

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
osprey1
i've done alot of things in my life , but i must say soloing for the first time in the pattern, was one of the best things in my life....the hardest thing about it was bring it back on the third t/o and landing, per my instructors instruction....lol....i've never felt so free!!! what an awesome day! april 11, 2006...:)

eric_ocean said:
i've done alot of things in my life , but i must say soloing for the first time in the pattern, was one of the best things in my life....the hardest thing about it was bring it back on the third t/o and landing, per my instructors instruction....lol....i've never felt so free!!! what an awesome day! april 11, 2006...:)

Congrats!!!

Now on to XCs

thanks so very much guys!!!....its also support like that, that makes the aviation community such a great place to be around!.....thanks again! eric

A great day for you indeed. Savor the moment you will never forget it. Congrats.

Well Eric, I can Tell you it only gets BETTER, Congrats Dave

Congrats man. It was definitely a memory I'll have forever. And it only gets better!

That is so cool man. Congratulations.

Not wait until the first solo XC. Man, that is cool.

Congratulations!!!

It sure feels great, huh?

Best,

Congratulations! Having just soloed a bit over a month ago myself, I know how you feel! WHOHOO!

terry

eric_ocean said:

Mine was 3/3/90, and I remember it like it was yesterday. I still get a catch in my breath when I remember how I felt.

Congratulations! Keep up the good work.

Judy

i cant thank you all....(or where im from (YALL)....enough.....what a great site this is...i really appreciate the support!
thanks again.....eric

judypilot said:
Mine was 3/3/90, and I remember it like it was yesterday. I still get a catch in my breath when I remember how I felt.

Congratulations! Keep up the good work.

Judy

Mine was a little before that ;), but I still remember the day me and my instructor went up and shot some landings. He then say taxi over to the ramp, and then asks if I had my medical with me. I told him yeah, so he asks for it when we stop and say's "I'll go sign this*, you go do three and only landings, make sure you go through the check lists, have a good time". With that off he goes and I am about to solo.

I taxi over to the area to call the tower form get my taxi clearence and off I go, WOW! was I having a great time until I turned final and realized that I had to land this thing all by myself with no one to bail me out!!! I think it might have been my best landing ever. I did two more and each one got progressively worse :mad:. But it still felt great.

* This was before the rules we know today, things were a little different 20 some odd years ago and in England to boot, which is where I first learned to fly.

Back