First post..Hello Everybody

Licketysplit

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Lickitysplit
Just wanted to say hello, and tell you that I've been looking in on you for a few weeks.
I wasn't able to post until this morning for some reason. All is well now thanks to the Boss.
You people have a good thing going here and I'm excited about becoming a member of the gang.
I've been flying sense 1976. I have my CPL and I'm trained in aerial application (crop dusting) but I never made it to the seat. I think There's still time for me to do it, if God be willing.
I've owned two airplanes, an M4-220 Maule, and a Cherokee 160. Medical issues made them go away though. I'm close to being able to get back into the groove and I hope to get my medical and flight review this summer.
Anyway, I'm glad to be here
David
PS, This place has a spellCheck, oh boy......

Welcome, David.

Dixie has several states. I'm in SC. Which one are you in?

Licketysplit said:
Just wanted to say hello, and tell you that I've been looking in on you for a few weeks.
Welcome to the forum David.
Licketysplit said:
I'm close to being able to get back into the groove and I hope to get my medical and flight review this summer.
Best of luck; hope that works out for you. :)

Welcome to the forum! I hope you can get back in the saddle this summer.

:yes:

How do, and welcome! Women, Guns and Airplanes.....that pretty much cuts right to the important things in life. I'd add fishing to the list though. :yes:

Frank Browne said:
How do, and welcome! Women, Guns and Airplanes.....that pretty much cuts right to the important things in life. I'd add fishing to the list though. :yes:

I don't do the guns, the wife disapproves of any other women, but the Airplanes part I can get away with :)

Welcome to the boards :)

Licketysplit said:
I wasn't able to post until this morning for some reason. All is well now thanks to the Boss.
You people have a good thing going here and I'm excited about becoming a member of the gang.
I've been flying sense 1976. I have my CPL and I'm trained in aerial application (crop dusting) but I never made it to the seat. I think There's still time for me to do it, if God be willing.
I've owned two airplanes, an M4-220 Maule, and a Cherokee 160. Medical issues made them go away though. I'm close to being able to get back into the groove and I hope to get my medical and flight review this summer.
Anyway, I'm glad to be here
David
PS, This place has a spellCheck, oh boy......

I have been here a very short period of time also. But you are right this is a good group. I agree women, gun, and airplanes that just about covers it. Good luck on the medical. Hope to talk to you more later.

:goofy: :goofy: :goofy:

sere said:
I have been here a very short period of time also. But you are right this is a good group. I agree women, gun, and airplanes that just about covers it. Good luck on the medical. Hope to talk to you more later.

:goofy: :goofy: :goofy:

Welcome. I don't thoink POA has had a good gun thread yet. Bought time for one, so I'll start.

I prefer 20MM's on my Tiger, especially when traversing the ADIZ, which I fortunately don't have to do much anymore. Does the 2nd Amendment apply to aircraft? :)

RogerT said:
Welcome, David. You got good hobbies. What'r ya packin'?

I've become a big fan of the Sig Sauer handgun. So far I have the P229, P239 and P226 all in 40S&W. No 357sig barrels yet but plan on it. I also have a Springfield XD-40 which I have come to like a lot. I'm saving up for a Kahr K40 elite followed by the PM40.
Punching holes in paper :yes: is a fun pastime for me.

Hi David! Hope you enjoy this little virtual Pilot Mecca that Greebo and some other great people created for us!

:yes:

Peace

Terry

SJP said:
I don't do the guns, the wife disapproves of any other women, but the Airplanes part I can get away with :)

Welcome to the boards :)

Thank you, Glad to be here.

My Wife disapproves of all three of my hobbies, in any order, they all cost to much, the women part in more ways than one.
She named my Maule the red belly money sucker. She was glad to see it go. She said it scared her because it ran like my drag car but worse because it would get airborne.
You think that maybe if started going to the range with a bunch of women and buying more guns she would buy me another maule? :rofl:

Back