First-person RC flight + fireworks

Arbiter419

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CAucker
Hey everyone,

I know a few of you do some RC flying, so here's a video for you to watch. It's about 5 minutes long, and has a sweet soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh10v52DBLM

Enjoy, I laughed a few times during the initial and follow up viewings.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not sure how to embed it. Feel free, mods.

Hey everyone,

I know a few of you do some RC flying, so here's a video for you to watch. It's about 5 minutes long, and has a sweet soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh10v52DBLM

Enjoy, I laughed a few times during the initial and follow up viewings.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not sure how to embed it. Feel free, mods.

Interesting video. I was surprised to see the plane flying directly at bystanders on the ground. I wonder if anyone's ever been seriously hurt that way?

Interesting video. I was surprised to see the plane flying directly at bystanders on the ground. I wonder if anyone's ever been seriously hurt that way?

I was wondering the very same...I'm not really sure if it's flown in a first person view by viewing a monitor on the ground, or if it's flown like a conventional RC plane...but in either case, he's a pretty skilled (or lucky) pilot.

Yep. The one accident I recall involved a giant-scale Pitts... apparently there was radio interference, the pilot lost control of it, and there was either no engine "kill" circuit or it failed to work... :frown2:

"May 13, 2006

BUDAPEST, Hungary --A model airplane crashed into a crowd at an air show in southern Hungary on Saturday, killing two spectators.

The accident occurred in the town of Ocseny, 90 miles south of Budapest, the capital.

The two people killed were identified as a married couple from the nearby city of Szekszard, emergency officials said, according to state news agency MTI.

The model airplane that crashed had 6 1/2-foot wing span and was being directed from the ground by an experienced German flyer.

According to one of the show's organizers, it was the first time in Hungary anyone was killed at a model airplane exhibit, MTI said."

Yep. The one accident I recall involved a giant-scale Pitts... apparently there was radio interference, the pilot lost control of it, and there was either no engine "kill" circuit or it failed to work... :frown2:

"May 13, 2006

BUDAPEST, Hungary --A model airplane crashed into a crowd at an air show in southern Hungary on Saturday, killing two spectators.

The accident occurred in the town of Ocseny, 90 miles south of Budapest, the capital.

The two people killed were identified as a married couple from the nearby city of Szekszard, emergency officials said, according to state news agency MTI.

The model airplane that crashed had 6 1/2-foot wing span and was being directed from the ground by an experienced German flyer.

According to one of the show's organizers, it was the first time in Hungary anyone was killed at a model airplane exhibit, MTI said."

Shame...it's freak things like that incident that enter the high level of risk to people on the ground.

I was wondering the very same...I'm not really sure if it's flown in a first person view by viewing a monitor on the ground, or if it's flown like a conventional RC plane...but in either case, he's a pretty skilled (or lucky) pilot.

He flies it with a video monitor from the first person perspective.

Also, young people sometimes engage in higher risk activities.

Also, young people sometimes engage in higher risk activities.

The secret to life is to never grow up. If that guy could be flying his own airplane through the bombs he'd be doing it and lovin' it. When I was 16, we had our first annual, no rules, open class, bottle rocket fight where we squared off against each other from about 50' apart and armed with a several hundred rockets each, unleashed on each other until someone had to go to the doctor. We're in our 50's now and if I called those guys up, we'd all be back out there ready to square off again. Never grow up.

Yep...'cept I would wear goggles...

The secret to life is to never grow up. If that guy could be flying his own airplane through the bombs he'd be doing it and lovin' it. When I was 16, we had our first annual, no rules, open class, bottle rocket fight where we squared off against each other from about 50' apart and armed with a several hundred rockets each, unleashed on each other until someone had to go to the doctor. We're in our 50's now and if I called those guys up, we'd all be back out there ready to square off again. Never grow up.

Yep...'cept I would wear goggles...

Funny you should mention that. I wore sunglasses in the big fight but the guy we had to take to the ER was the one that I caught with a rocket right in the Adam's Apple just as the rocket exploded. He still sports a tiny scar from that game winning shot to this day. There's a little pyromaniac in every male I think.

Back