First new ink in the log book after...

DFH65

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
DFH65
20+ years. Oh my a lot of rust to knock off. Just did some simple stuff slow flight and only got one landing in it was a little rough due to a very high approach. Sure felt good to get out though. Perfect day very smooth air.

downsized_0217041842a_zps4c1f0642.jpg

Was hoping it would be more like riding a bike it wasn't first ever flight terrible but felt close to that.

Don't worry it will come back to you sooner than you think. Good luck.

Don't worry it will come back to you sooner than you think. Good luck.

I think so. It is just stuff that used to be second nature before I had to think about today. Many "oh yeah now I remember" moments.

That is AWESOME ! Congrats!
(BTW - the cost of avgas hasn't increased at all while you've been away) :rolleyes2:

Looking at a receipt for July 1990

4.2 solo @ $43 $180.60 My long cross country
1.1 dual @ $56 $61.60 A lesson a week later

Less fuel 21 gals $45.83 (2.18 a gallon)

Congrats! I took a 41 year break. If I can do it, anyone can!

Yikes, makes my 5 year break look like nothing. Keep it up, that dust will come off easier soon.

Congrats! Took a 25 yr sabbatical myself. I'd suggest going through ground school from scratch to catch up on regs. I asked my instructor to get me as ready as I'd need to be to take my checkride all over again just to make sure I was safe.

Then go fly someplace! Welcome back to the friendly skies.

Don't keep looking at old receipts, you'll just get more upset at the cost of flying.
I learned in 1974, C-150 Commuter II for $18/hr wet.

Those numbers make me sad...:eek:. One of these days I'm going to try to figure out what it cost me to get from 0 time student to working Commercial pilot. I'll likely require a drink or two afterwards to ease the heartache :rofl:

I recall unleaded gas in the Texas area being around .90/gal during that timeframe. I wasn't a pilot then so never bought avgas but suprisingly to me it appears as though it's about the same amount higher than car gas then as it is now. 87 octane is about $3.00 down here now and 100LL is about $4.50 at my airport.

Weird I guess I was thinking that back in the day avgas was around the same price as car gas...

Back