First lesson towards the IR

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Today was a blast. Light/Moderate Turbulence all over the place.

Right after takeoff, my instructor had me put on my foggles, and we went out to do some level flight, turns, climbs, descents, climbing turns, descending turns, stalls.

According to the syllabus, that was all we were going to do today. But I tell you, and this felt great, for the first time in months, I actually did something well without practicing a million times. My instructor said I did well enough that we moved on and shot the ILS Runway 22 at Double Eagle. I actually did pretty good all the way down the ILS until we got real close. It's hard not to chase the needles when they get that sensitive. When my instructor had me take off the foggles, I was right of the centerline, and headed further right. Quick correction, albeit visually, and we made a decent landing in a pretty rugged crosswind.

Next lession is gonna be more approach stuff and holds.

Oh - we did a 2 minute turn, but I did it in like 1:56. That's better than I thought I'd do with all the turbulence. My instructor paid me the biggest compliment (even if its just in my own head), when he said that even with the turbulence, I held heading and altitude better than anyone else he'd seen on the first IFR training flight.

Fun Fun Fun!

That is great, Nick. Don't you love those perfect days?

Nick

A Great beginning toward the IR. Enjoy the experience and I hope you have many more great days ahead.

John J

Nick: Its great you got in the plane so quick for your IR the 141 school I went to had me in the FTD @ $75.00 per hour for the first 10-15 hours of my IR.

Back