First hike in the LHC

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
This was a good morning. I promised Piper we'd go out and have some fun today, and he woke me up nice and early to remind me of it (either that, or he was just an early riser today. Methinks its the former).

I took some pictures of the landscape while out today. It was a nice 3+ hour hike, and Piper is beat down tired right now. Being off the leash and running around in the wilderness is a good way to wear out a dog!

No descriptions this time - the photos speak for themselves.

Attachments

• IMG_0456.JPG
    IMG_0456.JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0457.JPG
    IMG_0457.JPG
    257.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0458.JPG
    IMG_0458.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0459.JPG
    IMG_0459.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0460.JPG
    IMG_0460.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0461.JPG
    IMG_0461.JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0462.JPG
    IMG_0462.JPG
    313 KB · Views: 25
It's snowing here today for the first time this winter.

Nice photos - nice to have a pup to take with you too!

TREES! there are no TREES! I would go nuts out there, but if you are happy, we are happy.:D

TREES! there are no TREES! I would go nuts out there, but if you are happy, we are happy.:D

What the heck are you talking bout? There are trees everywhere...

That looks like the road back behind the airport?

Attachments

• IMG_0456trees.JPG
    IMG_0456trees.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 49
No, thats a BUSH!! A tree is 50 feet tall.

Ummm... dumb question here, but what's "LHC"?

I read the title and thought you were visiting the Large Hadron Collider, being built in Switzerland... :)

--Kath

Ummm... dumb question here, but what's "LHC"?

I read the title and thought you were visiting the Large Hadron Collider, being built in Switzerland... :)

--Kath

Lake Havasu City. My new hometown. I am intrigued by the hardon collider tho. Sounds dangerous.

I am intrigued by the hardon collider tho. Sounds dangerous.
Only for the hadrons. B)

The LHC, when built, will smash protons into each other at the highest energies ever smashed before, with the goal of discovering the Higgs boson and possibly other new and bizarre particle physics...

Okay, I need to get a life now... :)

--Kath

Only for the hadrons. B)

The LHC, when built, will smash protons into each other at the highest energies ever smashed before, with the goal of discovering the Higgs boson and possibly other new and bizarre particle physics...

Okay, I need to get a life now... :)

--Kath

Embrace your inner geek, Kath. I too am waiting with bated breath to see if they can actually detect a Higgs boson.

Chris

Ugh - hadron. That was a very bad slip, my apologies to any children that might have seen this thread.

My dog knows his way around rattlers, we had 'em in New Mexico too. But that doesn't mean he's safe, he still runs around willy nilly.

Freudian slip, Nick, nothing happens by accident.

Nick, you collider made me think.
All I'm saying is: John Ritter. Skin Deep.

I'm sure Piper is very happy, especially after discovering snow in New Mexico, although he probably thought that was fun, too.

Go find a classic Sargaro(sp?) cactus that hasn't been mowed down by some miscreant.

Embrace your inner geek, Kath. I too am waiting with bated breath to see if they can actually detect a Higgs boson.

Chris

I fantasized about a Higgs, once; but I was more interested in her bosom attributes than a knowledge of the boson.
(I know; another popular forum has a Frog House[for punishment]. I'll smile while I'm en route)

HR

Huh? They're gonna smash protons together, and come up with some guy named Higgs who works on a boat? :rofl:

Kath - have you heard about that experiment where they're trying to reproduce the big bang in a lab? I can't remember the details, but I bet its right up your alley. They said there is a very, very low, almost non-existant possibility that it would destroy life as we know it.

I like the odds! :D

Hmm.. Maybe we'll need a Havasu fly in one of these days. Esp since Michael doesnt come up to IFP. :)

Kath - have you heard about that experiment where they're trying to reproduce the big bang in a lab? I can't remember the details, but I bet its right up your alley. They said there is a very, very low, almost non-existant possibility that it would destroy life as we know it.

Hey, they took bets at Trinity that the sky would ignite and the world would end.

Kind of like the possibility of winning the lottery! :rofl:

Nice pictures...reminds me of the places in West TX where I used to go with my Dad. We'd walk for miles, spending most of the day out there, and the dog would always come back dead tired. We buried one of our dogs out in one of those places. We walked hundreds of miles out there, came accross a lot of rattlers, but our dogs never had any problems with them.

Nice dog. My "new" dog is named Piper also.

LOL, I tell my wife, a born and bread south Georgia girl, that while I have visited some interesting places during my business travels, there is NO place like Georgia. She would literally wither and die living in a place without TREES!

Back