First family flight in the books!

Jthamilton

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Okie182
Beautiful flying weather around the midwest today. I originally planned on getting up early and flying us to k81 (Miami county Airport). About a 150 mile trek to mostly test how my little girl would do.

Well staying up late and the entire family sleeping late on our 1 day to do nothing required a little change. While enroute to K81 for a very late breakfast by now I asked everyone whether to eat lunch or breakfast and lunch won. K81 only has breakfast on sundays so we moved onto New Century a short few miles on past our original destination.

Being right next to Kansas city we opted for some barbecue at Johnny's in Olathe. Decent food, good family place.

Besides the incredible family time where the kids just loved it, I met Coach K from Duke in the FBO. He is incredible coach and I always have envied how he runs a basketball program.

Most importantly my girl Kelsey absolutely loved flying. My son Joshua enjoyed it also but he had flown in back with me a few times with no problems. Mom napped on way home so everything was quiet. The mean brother enjoyed saying mean things about his sister while putting the intercom on crew only typical for him. I don't think he will ever change.

Now I can't wait for a weekend trip after 4th grade football is over with!!

Attachments

• first flight 1.JPG
    first flight 1.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 58
  • first flight 2.JPG
    first flight 2.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 50
  • first flight.JPG
    first flight.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 52
It's funny. In Tapatalk, the photos are inverted which makes it look like you're doing aerobatics. ;)

That's a shame, it took quite a few brain cells to educate myself how to make the, upright after emailing from the iPhone!

My son did ask what we would do if we went upside down? I told him we would roll it back over but we weren't gonna go there in the first place!

If you are like me, it will feel strange flying solo. We have had about 10 family flights since the plane was finished. We have a list on the fridge of "Places to Fly". Always looking forward to that next family trip to see the country. Have fun!

Back