first class medical

U

Unregistered

If a pilot is under current investigation, does it look suspicious if the pilot is due for his first class medical and does not renew it , and let it lapse till investigation is over?

If a pilot is under current investigation, does it look suspicious if the pilot is due for his first class medical and does not renew it , and let it lapse till investigation is over?

Depends on what they're under investigation for. Keep in mind that a first class doesn't go away at 6 months, it becomes a lower class medical. The hypothetical pilot is still live in the medical system for another 4.5 or 1.5 years.

I was under investigation once and my 1st class was due. I changed jobs during the investigation and only needed a 2nd class so I let the 1st class lapse into 2nd class.

It did not change the outcome of the investigation.

Your experience may differ.

Depending on the basis for the investigation, the medical exam may be the least of your worries. If the ultimate outcome is really important to you, consult your lawyer.

I'm not sure what one has to do with the other. If you are already under investigation, why would it raise any additional suspicion? Or is is a medical investigation?

Medical yes. Probably doesn't want to go for first class that is due and have to lie again and say " no prescriptions"

Not the pilot. I would just think that you would know you are already in trouble, so why go get your first class medical, lie on the form again, while under investigation for that. But NOT getting might raise a red flag when you were always diligent about getting it completed on time, every 6 months.

Not the pilot. I would just think that you would know you are already in trouble, so why go get your first class medical, lie on the form again, while under investigation for that. But NOT getting might raise a red flag when you were always diligent about getting it completed on time, every 6 months.
If you are not the OP, you need to post under your screen name and not as "unregistered" as per the Rules of Conduct. You don't need protection from disclosing sensitive information.

If you are not the OP, you need to post under your screen name and not as "unregistered" as per the Rules of Conduct. You don't need protection from disclosing sensitive information.

Possible "unregistered" is the OP throughout the thread, just not the pilot under investigation? "Asking for a friend..." kind of thing.

Let the medical lapse. Failure to provide additional testimony is not a crime. In fact, it is smart.

At most the failure to get the medical can be questioned but it is not criminal in any way. I don't think it can even be considered an aggravating factor. The pilot could always answer "too much going on, i wanted to see how this settled".

or, I'm already under investigation for prescriptions that I have been on and have not reported for at least 8 years, so , knowing I still have them, I should not continue to falsify the medical, even though I need the first class to act as a pilot in command???

or, I'm already under investigation for prescriptions that I have been on and have not reported for at least 8 years, so , knowing I still have them, I should not continue to falsify the medical, even though I need the first class to act as a pilot in command???

I'd go with that right there...

18 USC 1001
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully—
(1) falsifies, conceals,
or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact;
(2) makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or
(3) makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry;
shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both. If the matter relates to an offense under chapter 109A, 109B, 110, or 117, or section 1591, then the term of imprisonment imposed under this section shall be not more than 8 years.

signed on as I'm going to Gaston's in the AM....

§61.153 Eligibility requirements: General.

To be eligible for an airline transport pilot certificate, a person must:
(a) Meet the following age requirements:
(1) For an airline transport pilot certificate obtained under the aeronautical experience requirements of §§61.159, 61.161, or 61.163, be at least 23 years of age; or
(2) For an airline transport pilot certificate obtained under the aeronautical experience requirements of §61.160, be at least 21 years of age.
(b) Be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language. If the applicant is unable to meet one of these requirements due to medical reasons, then the Administrator may place such operating limitations on that applicant's pilot certificate as are necessary for the safe operation of the aircraft;
(c) Be of good moral character;
unregistered said:
I'm already under investigation for prescriptions that I have been on and have not reported for at least 8 years, so
....trouble in river city for any ATP holder.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back