First Class Medical after overcoming disease

J

Jay324

Hello!
I’ve dealt with a disease called dyskinesia (not epilepsy) from the age of 13, took prescribed medication but it stopped when I turned 23. Now I am 26 almost 27, drug free, symptom free and basically outgrew it. I have always been dreaming of becoming a commercial airline pilot but couldn’t pursue it and now I’m asking myself if there’s ever going to be a way for me to fulfill that dream of working for the airlines and attaining my first class medical or maybe a special issuance. Might there be a certain time frame for me to be drug and symptom free or is there absolutely no way for me to ever get my first class medical? Hope to get some answers here because it’s such an important matter to me, thank you.

Healthcare professionals define dyskinesia as atypical, uncontrollable, involuntary movements. There are many different types of dyskinesia, with symptoms that range from minor tics to full-body movements. Read more here: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319744

There are many causes ( see article ), and other than simple childhood tics, most are not compatible with an faa medical. Your certification will require expensive evaluations.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back