First class Issuance Guidance

So I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder 1.5 years ago and used Prozac for a couple of weeks before never using it again. Does this automatically put me in the category where an SI first-class medical is required? I called to set up an appointment with a HIMS AME and they said to fill out Medxpress and come in with the doctor's notes surrounding my original diagnoses. This doesn't seem to make much sense to me because doesn't this set me up for an automatic deferral that'll take months before I have to go back to the same psychiatrist to get a note signed off saying that I'm fine? Wouldn't it make much more sense for me to go to the psychiatrist first, get the evaluation saying that I'm fine, then fill out Medxpress, and then go see the AME? That way I might have a chance at it not being deferred? I'm a little bit lost at the moment, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for linking me to that thread. If I'm reading it correctly, the AME might be thinking that the narrow circumstances might apply where the nonpsychiatrist (AME) PCP can write all 7 items and issue it without a deferral?

So I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder 1.5 years ago and used Prozac for a couple of weeks before never using it again. Does this automatically put me in the category where an SI first-class medical is required? I called to set up an appointment with a HIMS AME and they said to fill out Medxpress and come in with the doctor's notes surrounding my original diagnoses. This doesn't seem to make much sense to me because doesn't this set me up for an automatic deferral that'll take months before I have to go back to the same psychiatrist to get a note signed off saying that I'm fine? Wouldn't it make much more sense for me to go to the psychiatrist first, get the evaluation saying that I'm fine, then fill out Medxpress, and then go see the AME? That way I might have a chance at it not being deferred? I'm a little bit lost at the moment, any help would be appreciated.
Fill out medxpress, print the application, redact the confirmation number, and go in for a CONSULTATION with the AME. Let him review the records and tell you what ducks you need to get in a row before you do it again for the actual exam.

Back