First 10K (n/a)

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
Ran my first 10K on Saturday….and I’m not a runner! But I survived!!!!

Our little county where the farm resides has an annual 10K spring race called the Fodderstack 10K. It commences in Flint Hill, proceeds down Fodderstack Rd, and ends in Little Washington, VA. Sounds easy enough…sort of…. Only problem is it’s in the rolling foothills of the Shenandoahs. Here’s a little write-up about the course.

http://www.roxygraphics.com/fodderstack10k/Fodderstack_10K_Course_Description.pdf

I’ve always read about the race after the fact, and wanted to participate since it’s a real community event. As I was catching up on mail/news upon return from vacation, I saw that the race was this weekend. Told Karl, let’s do it! So there was no upfront training for me. Remember, I’m not a runner, but at least I go to the gym regularly. Of course, there were all those rum-runners to purge from my body. :D

Anyway, the road is very scenic, but thank goodness I’ve driven it many times to know that cause I sure didn’t see any scenery during the run……just one hill after another….ugghhh. I remember the final half mile I was chanting to myself “99 bottles of beer on the wall”.

My time – 1 hr 6 min and I think 14 seconds. There was some confusion at the finish line so I’m not positive about the seconds. But I did 11 minute miles :yes: ….I impressed myself….guess I’ll have to do it next year and see if I can knock off a minute/mile. And also see if I can place for my age group…..came in 4th this year…..missed 3rd by 3 min. Yikes! :eek:

Anyway, it was a fun day, but....... I can hardly move today. Didn't get many chores done at the farm today. Thank goodness it rained so I could use that as an excuse. :p

Oh, and did I mention that I beat the husband by about 30 seconds! ;)

Nice job...but I thought at first you were telling us about your company's first report to the SEC. The run is probably more fun.

Kaye that is really cool! I hope you were wearing comfy shoes! :)

Nice job...but I thought at first you were telling us about your company's first report to the SEC. The run is probably more fun.

I thought the same thing. I'm working to much.

Back