Firefox and video clips

citationxjl

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jeff
I cant seem to see video clips anymore on firefox since I have updated to the new version. On some websites I can hear them but not see them. I updated Windows Media player, but it is still not working. Any ideas?

citationxjl said:
I cant seem to see video clips anymore on firefox since I have updated to the new version. On some websites I can hear them but not see them. I updated Windows Media player, but it is still not working. Any ideas?

AHA!! I'm glad someone has mentioned this. Since before I updated to FF1.5 I've had no success in running video clips of other than small size. The audio may be there but my cursur flat-out locks up, necessitating a reboot of the system. Sometimes a pop-up indicates that some additional software(Real Player) needs to be updated; but when I attempt to do that I get a notice that "there is no update available for.........". Bleaggghhhhh!!
Citationxjl: Is the above the same problem as yours?

HR

Last edited:
Lawreston said:
AHA!! I'm glad someone has mentioned this. Since before I updated to FF1.5 I've had no success in running video clips of other than small size. The audio may be there but my cursur flat-out locks up, necessitating a reboot of the system. Sometimes a pop-up indicates that some additional software(Real Player) needs to be updated; but when I attempt to do that I get a notice that "there is no update available for.........". Bleaggghhhhh!!
Citationxjl: Is the abouve the same problem as yours?

HR

I dont have any lock up problems...just no image loads. I can hear the audio sometimes, but nothing ever shows up. The rest of the page loads fine, just not the video screen.

citationxjl said:

The only thing I can think of is actually downloading individual media plugins just for Firefox.

Have you tried any of these?

https://pfs.mozilla.org/plugins/

Good Luck,
Jason

Back