Fire Truck

Earthroamer

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Earthroamer
This got brought up once. For sale: 1948 American LaFrance Fire Truck. Everything works.

Attachments

• Firetruck 001.jpg
    Firetruck 001.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Firetruck 002.jpg
    Firetruck 002.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 42
The preferred ride of peeping toms everywhere...:rofl: How much is it?

Wow, Brent, you weren't lying -- that is one serious rig!

That would be a long drive to Philly at 48mph...

Old fire trucks are like old police cars, not much use for them or they would still be in service. You can find them all over the mid-west rusting away.

Old fire trucks are like old police cars, not much use for them or they would still be in service.
Old police cars seem to sometimes wind up as FBO courtesy cars at airports in smaller towns. It would be pretty cool to have a fire truck as a courtesy car too. :)

There is a buff group who own a fire truck in the burbs southwest of Chicago. They call the club something like Acme Creek Fire Protection...

Life was good until they took it upon themselves to respond to emergencies and wandered around the south post-Katrina. It took a week or two until the real firefighters learned these guys were phonies.

There is a buff group who own a fire truck in the burbs southwest of Chicago. They call the club something like Acme Creek Fire Protection...

Life was good until they took it upon themselves to respond to emergencies and wandered around the south post-Katrina. It took a week or two until the real firefighters learned these guys were phonies.

What is a "Buff Group"? Fan-boyz?

Nope. They published it for you.

:rofl:

Every time I see a fire truck rusting in a field, I think about buying it.

Every so often I also think about getting an old Crown Vic from the police auctions. Hey, cop shocks, cop brakes, cop suspension...all it'd need is a lighter!

Yeah. Cops have buffs. These are fire buffs.

Besides responding to Katrina they had participated in parades and held fundraisers.

So, you telling me these guys were scurrying around in firefighter garb, rolling and responding to emergencies, purporting to provide public safety assistance? :rofl:

Any press links on that?

So, you telling me these guys were scurrying around in firefighter garb, rolling and responding to emergencies, purporting to provide public safety assistance? :rofl:

Any press links on that?

Yessir! I tried to search for it. The story is too old. The major stories about these guys came a few months after Katrina.

They have the truck painted like the district is real and of course, all have their own fire gear.

It was from Rouse Point, NY origionally. Chad just bought me out of it to make the title look better. I think he is wanting 5k for hit. It was bought out of reserve and used during 9/11. We have pictures of it down at ground zero. It was just for fun. We restore old cars for fun. Chad is a local fireman and shop owner.

Unfortunately, not much use other than for parades, but a beautiful machine, nonetheless.

~ Christopher

Back