Fire Bombing.....

Snaggletooth

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Dustin
I've been looking in to becoming an Ag Pilot, But I just thought about Fire Bombing. What does it Take to become a "Fire Bomber?"

Also, What type of Aviation would you call that?

I've been looking in to becoming an Ag Pilot, But I just thought about Fire Bombing. What does it Take to become a "Fire Bomber?"

Also, What type of Aviation would you call that?

Geez, Snag, try a little straight and level flying for a while first, OK?

We'd like to see you make a second decade in age.

Thanks everyone!!

Geez, Snag, try a little straight and level flying for a while first, OK?

We'd like to see you make a second decade in age.

I'm just making plan for the future. At this point I'm still going with Ag Pilot.

Single engine fire tanker pilot is a cool job. You need several years of ag flying experience plus an instrument rating and additional training. I'm told there is LOTS of sitting around in dull remote places but when it's happening it's a rocking job, good pay too.

Single engine fire tanker pilot is a cool job. You need several years of ag flying experience plus an instrument rating and additional training. I'm told there is LOTS of sitting around in dull remote places but when it's happening it's a rocking job, good pay too.

Thanks!

S I'm told there is LOTS of sitting around in dull remote places but when it's happening it's a rocking job, good pay too.
Yes it is, a good friend of mine made his fortune owning a helicopter company that providing fire fighting services for the Government.

Back