finding aerobatic instructor

Chopperpilot1955

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
chopperpilot1955
I live in east TX and I would like to hire a CFI that can teach me some basic aerobatics in my citabria. I have had ahard time locating one. I would fly to him or her within 100 miles. I am hoping some folks can give me a few names.

I live in east TX and I would like to hire a CFI that can teach me some basic aerobatics in my citabria. I have had ahard time locating one. I would fly to him or her within 100 miles. I am hoping some folks can give me a few names.

I understand that you have a Super D now. Any luck in finding an aerobatic instructor in the Dallas area?

FWIW - in Phoenix area... Sonny Weller does aerobatic instruction in a Citabria & Pitts. He's a super guy and knows his stuff. SonnyWeller.com

I have not hooked up with an Instructor yet. Yes, I am very fortunate to have been able to fulfill a dream of owning a Super D. Icing on the cake is that it once was owned and flown by Marion Cole.

I know various aerobatic folks in the Dallas area. Is that where you are? Pm me if you want and I'll try to help you find somebody that I know is good.

PS: I recommend big q too at KJWY - midway airport near Waxahachie

Last edited:
I'm a CFI and would be happy to help you out too but I'm a little further away.

Back