Finally!

Frank Browne

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
FB
Just got my cable and internet service back. We had the worst thunderstorm in probable a year at least this afternoon. Not a line of storms as is usual either. They just exploded all over southern Ga and north Florida. I was watching them erupt on radar on TV when cable went out. Never lost power though. My doggies were terrified and followed me around the house whimpering. I don't know how much rain we got, but it had to a few inches. Awesome electrical activity too! :eek::eek:

Ykes! From looking at radar, seems like the party's still on; hope everybody's doing OK (including the doggies)

It looks like more to come your way. We just had a heavy sprinkle up here and look to be on the backside of it now. Atlanta and further south look to be a different story.

The upside to the t-storms was that they took a lot of heat from the atmosphere. Within an hour of the rain starting the temp had dropped significantly. The 5 day forecast shows them continuing through till the end of the week. The rain is good though. It's been very dry since fall!

Our front and back yards were a marsh; the street a river. Seemed like as much rain in one hour as we've had the whole year (which wasn't much to start with). I went around and unplugged the expensive appliances. Nasty lightning strikes, but only one close by. All it did was set off someone's car alarm. No damaging winds, fortunately.

Our front and back yards were a marsh; the street a river. Seemed like as much rain in one hour as we've had the whole year (which wasn't much to start with). I went around and unplugged the expensive appliances. Nasty lightning strikes, but only one close by. All it did was set off someone's car alarm. No damaging winds, fortunately.

I heard on the radio coming in to work that someone was killed by a lightening strike over on Justina road yesterday. Terrible. Lightening storms fascinate me to no end, and even though I know I shouldn't do it, I always go to a window or open the back door to watch.

Yeah, the water on my street was flowing like a river!

I heard on the radio coming in to work that someone was killed by a lightening strike over on Justina road yesterday. Terrible. Lightening storms fascinate me to no end, and even though I know I shouldn't do it, I always go to a window or open the back door to watch.

Yeah, the water on my street was flowing like a river!
Damn! That must have been the strike that made us all jump. Justina road is right around the corner from us.

Back