Finally!!,new pilot,new to the board

el con

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
The Flied Piper
Hello everyone!
Well Ed did it above and beyond all odds,he taught an old dog new tricks.:hairraise: Feb 27th was the check out ride and last week I got my shiny new plastic card saying I'm proficient in English. I'd like to show my H.S. english teacher this,she would be suprised(she's probably not even alive).
For those that have been to 6Y9 you know me as the chief grass cutter,man is it going to be nice getting there now in a couple of hours vs. the former 8 1/2 hr drive in the truck.
Anyway,HI to all and hope to see you at 6Y9 this year at the Fly In or anytime you're in that neck of the woods.
El Con (El Conquistador/ Ed's Dad)

Congrats Brad!!

Ed has been keeping us informed as to how you were doing in spite errr with his instructional skills! ;)

Looking forward to flying up there again.

Scott
Thanks, I have to admit Ed did a great job. Now it's up to me to keep learning. Safety is my priority and my wife's. In fact she is so concerned that she has already bought two parachutes,one for her and one for the dog:rofl:. She also see's nothing wrong with my Cherokee having the one door on her side.
She has showed great interest in learning to land in case I take the big dirt nap in the sky someday,now Ed's got his work cut out for him!!:eek:

Welcome to the boards! And congratulations on the ticket!

uh, try not to take personally anything we say to ol' Ed! It gets a bit rowdy... :D

Way to go, and congratulations! And welcome to the Blue Board.

Welcome to the boards! And congratulations on the ticket!

uh, try not to take personally anything we say to ol' Ed! It gets a bit rowdy... :D

Tom: I am guessing Brad knows better than any of us just how... ummmm... lively... Ed can be.

//

Congratulations, Mr. Frederick - I will look forward to meeting you and shaking your hand.

/s/ Spike

Welcome, Brad! Now we need Diz to get her certificate! And you'll certainly be seeing us again at the FlyIn!

Congrats Brad. Hopefully I can make it up there this year.

Congrats Brad. Hopefully I can make it up there this year.

Jesse
I hope you can make it,you're considered one of the "Founding Flyer's"
And who's gonna scare Diz with those awesomelow altitude flyby's,er I mean runway wildlife check.:)

Welcome, Brad! Now we need Diz to get her certificate! And you'll certainly be seeing us again at the FlyIn!

Grant, you Leslie are welcome anytime. At 6y9 or down here at 9D9

Tom: I am guessing Brad knows better than any of us just how... ummmm... lively... Ed can be.

//

Congratulations, Mr. Frederick - I will look forward to meeting you and shaking your hand.

/s/ Spike

Spike Thanks,I will look forward to that V tail showin up at 6Y9,and shaking you hand.

OK,Gang
I've got to get back to work.
Thanks to everybody on the congo rats. I'll be 57 in Aug. ,I should have done it sooner,but it was worth the wait to have my son do the instruction. When I can't figure something out with the computer here at work he get's a little testy, but in the second fastest Cherokee in the world (1270 Tango),it was a great experience.It was also nice to finally find something that he new more about than I did. Cheers!!!!

Brad congrats are definitly in order!!! We haven't met but Ed lives with my family for a few days every May . ( seems to get longer every year) And somewhere up at 6Y9er perhaps in the outhouse lies a plaque I sent up. I really hope to meet you up there this year.

Congratulations!

I should be joining the 6Y9 crowd again this year!

Brad, Welcome aboard and congratulation on the new green card.

Brad congrats are definitly in order!!! We haven't met but Ed lives with my family for a few days every May . ( seems to get longer every year) And somewhere up at 6Y9er perhaps in the outhouse lies a plaque I sent up. I really hope to meet you up there this year.
Hi Adam
Thanks,also glad you can put up with Ed every May.
On the plaque,it is definitly not in the out house, it is in the massive terminal bldg,very close to the new ASOS system I installed over the winter at 6Y9. Seriously, Ed ,my wife Diz, and I appreciate the plaque and are glad we could get 6Y9 re-opened,it's a lot of work ,but also a great source of satisfaction as we continue to improve it. It seems crazy,but this is the biggest thing going on in this little town and the locals love it. For me,the best thing has been to expose the kids in the area to aviation,they don't get many chances to experience flight,our fly in has changed that.
I know that you tried to help get us some attention with AOPA,I have tried also.The backwoods of Michigan's U.P. does not lend itself to national media coverage . The Pilots of America have done more for 6Y9 than any organization by the members just flying in. I'm not kidding,after all the work getting it going and keeping it up,I get a big grin and tears in my eyes when the planes start showing up. I just wish I could have gotten this whole aviation thing started earlier in my life,it has certainly been a pleasure meeting those who have come to 6Y9 and I look forward to all the old and new faces that show up in the future.
Sorry it's a bit long winded, I'm a sales guy you know:yes:
I hope you can make it this year.

Back