finally made it home from gastons today

JHW

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jeff Wright
retrieved the plane from MO today and brought it the rest of the way home from gastons

pictures of cylinder attached as taken by the shop in jeff city. We never did find the source of the iron ball in the cylinder.

the jeff city shop did a great job getting me in & out, and kept the plane under roof the whole time

it was as good a place as any to have an engine-out since my in-laws live there.

Attachments

• N2727Y1.jpg
    N2727Y1.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 46
  • N2727Y2.jpg
    N2727Y2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 38
  • N2727Y3.jpg
    N2727Y3.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 43
  • N2727Y4.jpg
    N2727Y4.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 37
retrieved the plane from MO today and brought it the rest of the way home from gastons

pictures of cylinder attached as taken by the shop in jeff city. We never did find the source of the iron ball in the cylinder.
Jeff, I'm glad you got your airplane home...finally. It was great meeting you and visiting with you. :yes:

This makes your airplane the last official airplane to arrive back home from the Gaston's fly-in. There must be some kind of award for that.

This makes your airplane the last official airplane to arrive back home from the Gaston's fly-in. There must be some kind of award for that.

I guess that would have to be the N284M memorial last plane home award. :rofl:

Hmm the ball was Iron huh? I guess that rules out a screw or bolt, they wouldn't be Iron would the? Iron! That is really got me wondering. Are there any tools or anything that has Iron as part of it that would be used in putting in a new Cylinder. Wow if you ever figure it out let us know. Kinda like the ship in the bottle mystery. Its in there but until its explained ya can't figure out how it got in there. Then when ya hear the explaination it all makes sense.

I wonder if he means steel... the rings may be cast iron but they were reported intact.

I wonder if it got in there during the most recent compression check? :dunno:

Back