Filling out the FAA pdf form on-line (7711-2)

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
This is frustrating. I'm trying to fill out the 7711-2 on-line and it keeps messing up and I lose my info. It acts kind of squirrelly sometimes too. Does anybody have any tricks that they use to make it easier? :dunno: I didn't have this much trouble two years ago and I was using Firefox back then too.

I just downloaded the *pdf.zip file and expanded it. In Acrobat Reader it pops up four click screens. When I scroll down, the entire page is highlighted. I changed the "open with" to Acrobat Pro and opened the file. Much nicer to look at, but whoever laid out the fillable fields should be shot dead. If you like, I will re-edit the waiver pages so that only the boxes contain the fields to be filed in.

Are you filing for an aerobatic waiver?

For a contest or practice area?
Practice area

I just downloaded the *pdf.zip file and expanded it.
Oh, I didn't know I could download it. :redface: I thought I had to do it on-line to be able to enter information like that. It kept doing twitchy things on-line and I'd lose stuff because you can't save what you have typed in there.

In Acrobat Reader it pops up four click screens. When I scroll down, the entire page is highlighted. I changed the "open with" to Acrobat Pro and opened the file. Much nicer to look at, but whoever laid out the fillable fields should be shot dead. If you like, I will re-edit the waiver pages so that only the boxes contain the fields to be filed in.
Sure! I'm not sure what you mean, but it sounds good. :)

BTW, I finally figured it out and got it in to the FAA and got the approval back a few weeks ago. Still had to send in all the maps and the environmental impact form.

I have full version of Acrobat and not the the free reader software. I have found that when people are using the free reader some of the fill in stuff does not work right. If that is what you are using it may be better to print it out, fill it in and then rescan it back into your computer.

Back