FF bug notice

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
ForeFlight

ForeFlight Mobile Bulletin

You may have installed a version of ForeFlight Mobile (4.2 or later) that can be impacted by a bug that we discovered today. If you downloaded the November 17 data before it became effective, please open ForeFlight Mobile on your iPad or iPhone and confirm you can view airport information and charts.

If ForeFlight Mobile does not proceed past the splash screen, visit this page for instructions to fix the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience, but wanted to inform you as soon as possible after becoming aware of the bug so you can ensure your iPad is in top shape before your next flight.

This bug is fixed in ForeFlight Mobile 4.3, which we have submitted to Apple for review and will land in App Store in the next few days. ForeFlight Mobile 4.3 also adds support for the new data security flags in iOS 5.0.1 that will prevent your iOS device from deleting data from inside apps under low disk space conditions. It also includes performance improvements for iPad 1 owners.

Before taking off, we recommend you always pre-flight your apps and make sure data required for your flight is available. Please watch our iPad Proficiency Video for more information on pre-flighting your apps and flying safely with the iPad and iPhone.

Fly safe,
Team ForeFlight

You're receiving this email because you are an existing ForeFlight Mobile subscriber.

If you don't want to receive any further notices, you can unsubscribe .

© 2011 ForeFlight LLC, All rights reserved. "ForeFlight", "Intelligent Apps for Pilots", "Preflight Intelligence", "TrueTaxi", "TruePlates", and "Slip Maps" are trademarks of ForeFlight, LLC. "iPhone", "iPad" and "iPod" are trademarks of Apple Inc.

I got the email too.

But that explaines what I saw on my iPad last night, and my iPhone after reading the email.

I had the download already on board, but it hadn't installed. The file was listed in the downloads section, but instead of the green circle, I had the download icon showing.

Touching that icon got it installed.

I just received the same notice and checked the charts, everything appears to be working fine.

I have Ver 4.2.2 and downloaded the 17 Nov update on Tues or Weds.

What are the chances FF will stop providing updated software.......then
'sunset' the old versions (a la Quickbooks/Intuit) such that the downloads won't work? So that they can guarantee a revenue stream, and unless you purchase the new version you are sol?
Maybe they are smarter and will instead annoy us with skyrocketing annual costs?
oo. That sounds a bit negative. I guess I am wondering about it because of the Intuit experience, and I have not heard of what the future holds for FF or WingX.

The announced FAA electronic chart changes could affect everything that utilizes them.

Won't be just FF if this crappy administration that said killing paper chart distribution would SAVE them money, decides to charge for the lower cost electronic distribution.

Could FF raise prices in the future? Sure. Could monkeys fly out of my butt? Sure.

You use the product that provides the best quality at the lowest price. Not hard to figure out. FF knows this too, I'm sure. There's reasonable competition in WingX now. And I suppose to a lesser degree, JeppView.

What are the chances FF will stop providing updated software.......then
'sunset' the old versions (a la Quickbooks/Intuit) such that the downloads won't work? So that they can guarantee a revenue stream, and unless you purchase the new version you are sol?

Dave, ForeFlight the app is free. You're already paying for a subscription, too... So they have absolutely no incentive to leave you hanging. Besides, the FF guys are down-to-earth airplane geeks like you and I, not a big corporation like Intuit. They do care about their customers, and that has been demonstrated time and time again when people contact them with issues.

So, don't fret... I doubt you'll see any major course changes from FF.

Back