Ferry flight of champions!

ntbjounin

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jounin
Well, I'm stuck for the time being in Eugene. Today I've made extremely short hops following a low overcast layer south from Hillsboro. I picked the plane up yesterday in Seattle (Crest Airpark). It ate up carb ice like it was starving! I had to fly the whole way with the carb heat on. Spent the night in Portland with some friends, and got fogged in this morning. So I didn't make it too far today, but I do love Oregon!

The mechanic at Flightcraft aviation (EUG) said "Didn't he do a prebuy inspection on it?" "I think so" "He should get his money back."
I noticed the leak this morning. (I only flew one leg yesterday) It seemed to get worse as I noticed the Oil temp rising rather quickly as I approached an undercast layer covering the area about 5 miles south of EUG down to almost Grants pass which was in the clear. Its sort of hilly there, so I was like, screw this. If anything happens, I don't want to go down hunting for I-5 out of an 800ovc layer in a hilly forested area. So as the only game in town, EUG got my business, although I wish I had made it to Roseburg where I know a good ercoupe mechanic that I would sure like to work on my plane. Richard knows who I'm talking about! Mike Brown! That guy is top notch! He's got to pull a cylinder he says b/c the push rod seal is shot. It isnt cheap either and he says 10 hrs of labor? Is that for real?:mad2: Thoughts?

Pics to follow.

Back