FedEx vs. UPS

SkykingC310

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Adam
I'm sure this has been discussed a million times before, but who has an opinion on these two companies as a flying career? At this point, I think it would be grand to retire with either of these guys. I like the colors of FedEx better, but that's hardly a reason to choose one over the other. Do you know any major differences between these two? I guess I'm open to other 'major' cargo lines also.

Last edited:
I was a courier for FedEx for 4 years. One of the benefits (and the reason I started working for FedEx) was that they had jumpseat. Sadly they no longer have that benefit for couriers or other "non" pilot positions for that matter. Personally I would recommend FedEx. They were all in all a great company to work for. To this day I am still trying to figure out why I left FedEx to go work for the state. Sigh.

The remark about the color just slays me. I hope you don't vote according to the color of their eyes.:rofl:

I don't know anyone flying for either who doesn't like it. I'd say apply to both and hope you have the problem of deciding which offer to accept. That said, for a number of reasons (including my experience living there many years ago), I'd rather live in Louisville than Memphis. And I do kinda like DJ more than Hamlin, but DJ's moving to Toyota next year and there's no word yet on whether the sponsorship will go with him a la Mikey and Napa.

Back