Feature request: Ignore Thread

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
I find that there are often threads that I've determined are of "no interest" to me; if there was an "ignore thread" option that would keep the thread from appearing on my view of New Posts, that would be awesome! (maybe that option exists and I haven't found it?)

I'm thinking this would appear as an option under "Thread Tools" when viewing the thread... select "Ignore Thread" and I would no longer be notified of it in New Posts. I could, however, find it with Search, etc.

There is such a feature available for vBulliten. I am pretty sure the Red Board has it. It is just a matter of figuring out which one and then getting it installed once the power that be decide they would want it as well.

I agree. It is a nice feature. (I am serious about that and would like to see it here too)

[sarcasm]If we get that feature on PoA and couple it with the ignore poster and ignore forum options I can see a day where one day we could log on and not see any posts from anyone!! [/sarcasm] ;)

I've been begging for at least six months. They know how to make us suffer.
I find that there are often threads that I've determined are of "no interest" to me; if there was an "ignore thread" option that would keep the thread from appearing on my view of New Posts, that would be awesome! (maybe that option exists and I haven't found it?)

I'm thinking this would appear as an option under "Thread Tools" when viewing the thread... select "Ignore Thread" and I would no longer be notified of it in New Posts. I could, however, find it with Search, etc.

I'd still have to be careful in its use... thread creep often takes a non-interesting thread in an interesting direction. But regardless, there are times I'd use it, mainly so I don't have to continually pop into that thread, then click New Posts, to get it off my list when I know I have no interest in reading it.

I'd still have to be careful in its use... thread creep often takes a non-interesting thread in an interesting direction. But regardless, there are times I'd use it, mainly so I don't have to continually pop into that thread, then click New Posts, to get it off my list when I know I have no interest in reading it.

Would there be a way to "un-ignore" once you've ignored a thread?

How would you know to change it?

Dunno. A reference from another thread? I would assume that the ignore option wouldn't make a thread disappear from the forum, just get left out of the "new posts" search so you could always go looking for it specifically.

How would you know to change it?

Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet and assume no matter how far it creeps you will be able to make it through another day without the details.

For example, I'm all for those guys in New England and SoCal getting together whenever and wherever they want. But once they are doing their thing, there's not much there for us sod-busters and cow-hands. I'm pretty sure they feel the same way about our barn dances.

Just wondering if the MC ever looked at adding this feature? It is a good one and I think would add to to PoA. I find that even when I have a person on ignore that when they post I still get the thread that they are decimating in my new posts report. When that happens I would like to jsut ignore the whole thread and not even have to see it.

We'll see if it's possible, and if so, whether the effort to do so is worth the return.
Great. BTW I know it is possible as there is already this feature on other vBuliten driven boards such as the red boards. It appears as a drop down in the thread tools menu.

You know what they say in the service. Ten percent of the troops never get the word.
Great. BTW I know it is possible as there is already this feature on other vBuliten driven boards such as the red boards. It appears as a drop down in the thread tools menu.

Back