Father / Son Solo Flight pics

LDJones

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Jonesy
I ran across a photo after my first solo, then remembered one I took of my son after his solo. I thought they made an interesting pair, so ordered a wall print for my office.

Father_Son_First_Solos_web.jpg

That's awesome! Great job and thanks for sharing. My dad is not interested in flying but he introduced me to so many great things in my life and I'm always thankful for that. Hopefully if I have a son I'll be able to pay it forward and introduce flying in his life!

Great: always good to see a father and son who enjoy some of the same things.

How cool .... My son is learning to fly while at school at Mizzou.

Say what you want about those Jones boys, they sure seem to know how to keep a tradition alive.

That is cool! Unfortuately neither of my kids were all that interested in going the pilot route.

Gary

That's awesome! Great pic.

Would love to recreate the same photo with my boys at some point if they so choose (they're 4 and 1 now and Lord knows they get more than adequate exposure to airplanes in this house!) :)

and the plane the kid solo'd in was older than the one dad solo'd in!

congrats to both of you

Very nice! My dad got his certificate about 8 years ago, and I will hopefully be done here in 2 weeks or so. I think having a father-son private pilot combo is pretty cool.

and the plane the kid solo'd in was older than the one dad solo'd in!

congrats to both of you

Yep! The Hawk XP was only a year old when I trained in it. The C-150 had been in service five years when the XP was "born" and was 39 years old when he soloed it.

Thanks.

That's great! He'll never forget it. My dad told me after the fact that he felt like a falconer when I soloed and whenever he'd send me somewhere.

That's great! He'll never forget it. My dad told me after the fact that he felt like a falconer when I soloed and whenever he'd send me somewhere.

I like that analogy. I must admit, soloing my own kid was a very different experience. I knew I had his mother to answer to if I had missed anything important! :D

Very nice! My dad got his certificate about 8 years ago, and I will hopefully be done here in 2 weeks or so. I think having a father-son private pilot combo is pretty cool.

A pilot friend's 17 yo daughter passed her check ride yesterday. Dad was beaming!

Wow, the classic definition of pressure! Trevino used to say it was playing a $10 nassau with $5 in your pocket, but he wasn't married at the time.

I like that analogy. I must admit, soloing my own kid was a very different experience. I knew I had his mother to answer to if I had missed anything important! :D

Back