Fast movers in all quadrants...

" PILOTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO MAINTAIN INCREASED VIGILANCE WHEN OPERATING IN THE ABOVE DESCRIBED AREAS."

Hmmm.... shouldn't that really say "Pilots are encouraged to stay the heck out of this area?"

Let'sgoflying! said:
Is it an established MOA? Or are they using class G/E for this?

The 3 Beaufort MOAs sit at the coast of SC and Beaufort Marine base sits within the Beaufort 2. The airport for Hilton Head Island is at the south edge of the Beaufort 1 and the little town of Ridgeland is at the western edge of the Beaufort 3. This NOTAM extends beyond the MOA. Savannah Class C is not in an MOA but is nearby the Fort Stewart MOAs and several restricted areas.

Two weeks. The NOTAM pretty well mucks up any easy coastal flying in that area. I wonder why they extended it outside of the MOAs.

Carol said:
The NOTAM pretty well mucks up any easy coastal flying in that area. I wonder why they extended it outside of the MOAs.

Is this not the place that was trying to expand or establish a new MOA? Maybe they failed and this is the response. "We'll just use the airspace anyway."?
A dangerous precedent if it all happens, unchallenged. "no one complained last time so we'll do it again.. maybe on a regular basis... maybe all across the US"
We should, as a group, try to preserve our airspace.

Let'sgoflying! said:
Is this not the place that was trying to expand or establish a new MOA? Maybe they failed and this is the response. "We'll just use the airspace anyway."?
A dangerous precedent if it all happens, unchallenged. "no one complained last time so we'll do it again.. maybe on a regular basis... maybe all across the US"
We should, as a group, try to preserve our airspace.

There is a movement to try to preserve that and other airspace. I don't know if David can defeat this Goliath.

Back