"False" drama

Skylane81E

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Duncan
Watching Discovery, they are about to crash a 727, chasing it with a 337,

Claiming the Cessna cannot keep up with the 137kts the 72 is going, even "maxed out"

Um my slower 182 could manage maxed out :mad2:

they forgot to turn the rear motor on

Is this that Air Disasters show that goes over all of the big accidents? If so, they actually do a decent job on the PSA crashing into the Cessna. E only thing I think they could have made a bigger point of was the non-essential lockerroom talk going on during the approach in the cockpit.

The reason why I don't watch such shows is because they spend about half the show interviewing passengers, or betters yet relatives of the passengers. :mad2:

The reason why I don't watch such shows is because they spend about half the show interviewing passengers, or betters yet relatives of the passengers. :mad2:

Yeah, some episodes are very good but there have been a few, mainly those without CVr or FDR data, which are mostly stories on the passengers to get the emotions high.

I just watched the accident in '83 dealing with Korea Air that got shot down over Russia. That s great and very enlightening. Amazingly, it may turn it to have a lot of similarities with ASA crash.

Airplane repo is on. Not sure I'd take the chances they take flying some of these airplanes.

No passengers, intentional crash under remote in the Mexican desert

Is this that Air Disasters show that goes over all of the big accidents? If so, they actually do a decent job on the PSA crashing into the Cessna. E only thing I think they could have made a bigger point of was the non-essential lockerroom talk going on during the approach in the cockpit.
Ever wonder why the Gibbs Flying Service logo has a 727 in the landing in configuration???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ever wonder why the Gibbs Flying Service logo has a 727 in the landing in configuration???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I never noticed the logo. Ill look at it next time I'm there. I actually have a "three degrees of separation" with that accident: My father's CFII was the Cessna's instrument student's fiancée. God willing, that's as close as I'll get to something like that, too.

I never noticed the logo. Ill look at it next time I'm there. I actually have a "three degrees of separation" with that accident: My father's CFII was the Cessna's instrument student's fiancée. God willing, that's as close as I'll get to something like that, too.
The 172 that collided with the 727 was a rental from Gibbs, back when the FBO had its own fleet of rentals. Lots of lawsuits emerged after the accident and it is why Gibbs stopped renting aircraft directly.

Airplane repo is on. Not sure I'd take the chances they take flying some of these airplanes.

I watched part of an episode last night, glad they are new episodes, but still pretty far from reality. :rolleyes: The guy ain't paying for the plane, just go get the damn thing! But, I guess driving or flying up to an airport at 2 PM and padlocking the prop isn't good TV? :dunno:

Discovery is terrible about adding fake drama, I can't stand it.

Watching Discovery, they are about to crash a 727, chasing it with a 337,

Claiming the Cessna cannot keep up with the 137kts the 72 is going, even "maxed out"

Um my slower 182 could manage maxed out :mad2:

The owner of the 337 has told me there is more to the story. The 337 was not running at what he said was the power settings that he normally runs at.

Back