Fairchild 24G

Owned an R for awhile. Not sure I can help except to say there are a LOT of small wooden pieces in those wings.

Any Fairchild 24G Owners On here Any information On the 24G. Would be appreciated in the process of restoration on one

Thank You

Robert W
Yes I restored one, what would you like to know.

yes, I have a lot of them.

and yes the head liner should be installed. but it's not required.

There's a 24W parked a couple of hangars down from me. The owner, who's a very experienced pilot (ex-Delta, I think), is struggling to come to grips with the tailwheel thing, specifically in this airplane.

Any suggestions from folks with time in type?

Robert W, I just joined here, and sent you a private message (I think). I own a F-24W-46, and am looking for some info I believe you might have. Thanks. Dave

There's a 24W parked a couple of hangars down from me. The owner, who's a very experienced pilot (ex-Delta, I think), is struggling to come to grips with the tailwheel thing, specifically in this airplane.

Any suggestions from folks with time in type?

1) Find an instructor who knows the F24. There’s a list at https://www.fairchild-club.org/transitiontraining/. The couple I’ve used are really helpful.

2) If I’m on pavement, I do a wheel landing every time. You won’t bounce it, with its long shocks. And it gets rid of the weaving as those long shocks settle. Still gets stopped in about takeoff distance, so doesn’t crimp runways I can get into.

The 24 isn’t tricky (I had 7 hours TW when I bought mine), but there are way too many stories of “high time pilot with no F24 experience wrecks it 1 day into ownership”.

Back