Failed DOT Pre-Employment Drug Test. Emergency Medical Revocation

The only people who profit from DUI arrests are the defense lawyers.

And they'll take a juicy divorce over a DUI any day. DUIs are to legal practice what ORD --> GRB in a CRJ is to airline flying.

Profit for who? The cops? Puh-leese. The only people who profit from DUI arrests are the defense lawyers.

A few deputies working Missouri's small (sparsely populated) counties tell me "it's all about the revenue."

One in particular was a former St. Louis cop, retired. He moved to a small county and went to work as a deputy just to keep busy.

I said "man, I bet that's a big change," expecting him to tell me how much better it was working outside the city.

His response was the exact opposite.

He said that in St. Louis the focus was to truly get the bad guys off the street, that he poured out numerous beers and tossed numerous nickel bags when he'd catch kids out doing the typical stupid stuff that kids do, tell them to go home and tell them that he'd bust them the next time he caught them. And he kept his "little black book" of kids that he'd given a break to.

Conversely, he said that he'd get fired if he used a similar approach as a county cop. They are required to write everything up and bust the kids. Why? Because mommy and daddy are willing to pay 4 to 6 times the fine to get the charges dropped.

That was in a county a bit west of where I live. I also know quite a few deputies locally. I've taken a few of them flying for both pleasure and doing aerial surveillance. I hear the same stories from them...they need the money...they bust people.

Failed a pre employment dot drug test for a 141 school with a LOA to do air tours. Failed for THC with 77 nanograms. I just got a letter 4 months later saying my medical has been emergency revocated. I did receive a letter from FAA saying I was being investigated a few weeks after the positive test. Immediately after receiving that letter I went to a DOT Substance Abuse Provider and had an assessment. I completed her treatment on January 12 and forwarded this information to the FAA investigators. I didn't hear anything until my AME (who I notified when this happened) went trying to get details on what we would need for a medical. They said it had been revocated on January 19,2016. I call the lawyer in charge of my case (info from AME who called OKC) and ask if my medical had been taken. Her response was no it has not been taken at the current time and that it was a mistake. Well a week later (March 29) I get a email from the same lawyer lady saying that my medical had been emergency revocated. My question is has anyone been through this? What are my chances of getting a special issuance? Is it worth fighting via appeal? I have appealed emergency order and revocation order as well. Already sent my medical in to the FAA. I am a CFII that really wishes he never touched that dreaded substance on my honeymoon in Colorado. Any professional opinions would be awesome. I just want to fly again and hopefully instruct. Sent 3 students on checkrides after dot SAP cleared me all with passing rides BTW. Please help!

You work in an industry with random drug testing. You knew better. One time toke or 100 times, it doesn't matter. You are benched for 12 months, THEN the hard work starts.

Dont do stupid stuff. Just Say No...

And dont forget that just because the state says you can sell/smoke weed, doesn't mean the DOT is on board with that.

I hope you have some sort of backup career plans.

Fkh7D7eqRm-6.png

...they will need to establish a "toke to yoke" policy similar to the present "bottle to throttle"...

Please stop using that goofy phrase. It's offensive to those of us that fly a stick. Try 'high to fly,' or 'high to sky.' Maybe even 'ash to crash,' or 'boom to zoom.' 'Ding to wing?' How 'bout 'flower to tower?'

In fairness, I don't really care about this guy's morals. I just don't like people that come to Colorado seemingly for the sole purpose of marijuana. There's a whole lot more to this state than that, but that seems to be all we're known for lately.

You all can come to Washington. We have mountains for skiing or hiking or dirt biking, lakes for boating or jet skiing or swimming. you can hunt or hike or do just about anything you want. And pot is legal.
Keep Washington green. Come here and spend your money!!

You all can come to Washington. We have mountains for skiing or hiking or dirt biking, lakes for boating or jet skiing or swimming. you can hunt or hike or do just about anything you want. And pot is legal.
Keep Washington green. Come here and spend your money!!

Be careful what you wish for. Just wait til all the Californians and Texans start showing up...

Be careful what you wish for. Just wait til all the Californians and Texans start showing up...
I think it's several decades too late to keep Californians from showing up in Washington State.

(I went the opposite direction, by the way.)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back