Facebook nonfunctional on iPad

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
What the freak is going in with Facebook? It's basically become non functional on my iPad. Tapping on the screen won't get me anything! Won't "like" or bring up the keyboard to let me comment. What's going on?

What the freak is going in with Facebook? It's basically become non functional on my iPad. Tapping on the screen won't get me anything! Won't "like" or bring up the keyboard to let me comment. What's going on?

Mine is doing the same thing and its brand new, I got it yesterday! I actually swapped my new iPad wifi only for a new one with 4G. If you use the Facebook app, which I don't like, it seems to work fine. :dunno:

Facebook has not worked on my android phone in WEEKS even with an app update.

I have given up and just go on the web browser on my phone instead. My Yahoo Mail kept saying force close too but they fixed that.

This one is fairly simple to fix . . .

Tap the home button twice.

Find the fb app on the bottom of the screen.

Press and hold until the little red 'minus' sign pops up.

Press the little red minus sign.

Press the home button again.

Navigate to FB. Open App. All should be well.

When the app corrupts itself usually its a problem in the config file - which you delete when you delete the config file using the little red minus - not to be confused with the black 'x' when you delete the app.

Good luck.

Report back here.

[edit] if it Safari thats doing it - meaning you are not using the app - then do the same thing with Safari. And reopen it.

I don't use the FB app. It does as Adam describes when using FB in the web browser.

On the android platform, the logout function doesn't work half the time.

FB is messed up.

I could really care less. Facebook was invented for 14 year old girls and gay male flight attendants. Honestly with the exception of your mother - NOBODY really gives a sh*t about what you are doing every seven seconds of your pathetic life ! Get over yourself.

I don't use the FB app. It does as Adam describes when using FB in the web browser.

FB is messed up.

I have long said that if the Facebook app was a paid app, I would want my money back. It was slow, buggy, and ugly.

Gotta give credit where credit is due: The new Android Facebook app (released yesterday) absolutely rocks. It is fast, buttery smooth, and gorgeous. Finally, it works as well as the Windoze version.

I have long said that if the Facebook app was a paid app, I would want my money back. It was slow, buggy, and ugly.

Gotta give credit where credit is due: The new Android Facebook app (released yesterday) absolutely rocks. It is fast, buttery smooth, and gorgeous. Finally, it works as well as the Windoze version.

I agree, fast & smooth on the Nexus 7 :D

FB is messed up.

Bill I didn't have the app till yesterday. It stinks but can't use the web page in the iPad other than to read.

Do you have a Galaxy? I have an S II and it doesn't work.

.... Honestly with the exception of your mother - NOBODY really gives a sh*t about what you are doing every seven seconds of your pathetic life ! Get over yourself.

I tend to agree with the above but our 501 C3 Angel Flight East finds it very helpful to keep a buzz going.

I tend to agree with the above but our 501 C3 Angel Flight East finds it very helpful to keep a buzz going.
I suppose so as long as those people are on Facebook - if not they have no ability to see your page.

I've found that 90% of problems on my wife's iPhone is due to her seldom bothering to spend the seconds necessary to visit the App Store and download the updates as they are pushed out.

Just sayin'

Never had a single problem with my Facebook app being nonfunctional. Does the design still stink? Yes.

I could really care less. Facebook was invented for 14 year old girls and gay male flight attendants. Honestly with the exception of your mother - NOBODY really gives a sh*t about what you are doing every seven seconds of your pathetic life ! Get over yourself.

you are confusing FB with Twitter . . .

works fine on my iPad . . .

have you tried rebooting the iPad?

FB app hangs and chokes on large amounts of data being downloaded. It's basically coded such that downloads are a blocking event for the UI, which means...

It sucks.

I only launch it if I have at least a minute or two to wait for it to gather its wits about itself, especially on slower bandwidth pipes.

I have little to say about Facebook other than that their biggest stakeholder (other than Zuckerberg) is Digital Sky Technologies, which is a well-known front operation for the Russian Mob.

That being the case, I would expect that their Web site, apps, or anything else they produce has as its primary purpose to mine and capture as much personal information about you as is possible; and that if their site or app is not working on one or another browser or platform, then it's because something in that browser or platform is interfering with that data mining and capture.

For my part, I'd rather just drive down to Brighton Beach and hand my wallet and birth certificate to the first guy I meet named Igor, Boris, or Vlad, than open a Facebook account. At least I could shoot over to Sheepshead Bay and get a decent seafood meal while I was in Brooklyn.

-Rich

Back