FAAST at KSPM

UngaWunga

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
UngaWunga
There was a FAAST seminar today at KPSM. The NE Air National Guards showed up, gave talks on accident avoidance. Interesting to hear their point of view in regards to their training, the patterns they fly, MOAs, low level training routes, etc.

Interesting that the F16 only has one VHF radio. Same with the local Army Blackhawks out of KCON, and the Blackhawks don't have TCAS. If they're talking to one controller/tower, you may be talking to another... :hairraise:

Anyways, the highlights were the tours of the planes. Pictures below. Man, those KC130s are some old equipment. And I think I'm too tall for the F-16.

i-3Dr3s4T-XL.jpg

i-3z92tXW-XL.jpg

i-p8c6wT6-XL.jpg

i-kxdgWPs-XL.jpg

i-QwWnP6x-XL.jpg

i-5QSHM5B-XL.jpg

i-v5TSXPv-XL.jpg

i-pL4JNBP-XL.jpg

i-FMXSSwf-XL.jpg

i-Tjmj5cV-XL.jpg

i-sDWpCvm-XL.jpg

Whole slideshow here

Nice pictures ,I served on both the c130 and c135 cargo versions as a loadmaster,brings back fond memories.

We have the local military airspace manager on our FAASTEAM. He gives the yearly near miss and lights out presentations at all the local airports. It's a requirement for the AF to keep the "lights out" operations approved in the local MOAs.

Great to get on the old base for the safety meeting, that would be a fun one to fly in for.

I was there today too! Pretty good day and pretty cool to hear about the local military ops

Back