FAA Reauth bill....

Need to get a copy of HR 4441 and read it, granted the final version will not look anything like what it is at the start.

Last edited:
Regarding the 3rd class medical reform in the 2016 FAA Reauthorization Bill, it seems that no one-time medical is necessary nor regular doctor visits every 4 years are required for this bill. Just only need a valid driver's license, self-certify, and take a medical education course every 2 years. However, the max altitude has been lowered from 18,000 feet to 14,000 feet MSL.

Also, no doctor authorization required.

We will see. Bet this gets stripped out in conference.

The "One-Swell-Poop" approach will surely fix everything! Look what it did for healthcare! And because, after all, our politicians have solved so many past budget crises.:rofl::rofl::mad2::mad2::mad2:

It's unfortunate they lumped medical reform into this. A good thing (medical reform) will get caught in the crossfire of a fight over the bad thing (ATC privatization).

It's unfortunate they lumped medical reform into this. A good thing (medical reform) will get caught in the crossfire of a fight over the bad thing (ATC privatization).

What he said....:yes:

I can't imagine that was the doing of AOPA et al. I'd guess it was the transportation comittee.

I'm not sure. Don't they have to reauthorize the FAA sooner or later?

No. It ran on continuing resolutions for many many years. The results of the recent push to do a true reauthorizing bill a few years back and winning it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be.

No. It ran on continuing resolutions for many many years. The results of the recent push to do a true reauthorizing bill a few years back and winning it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be.

It was two years.

Thing is, both the Senate and now this version have medical reform. Makes it more likely that it might find its way into the final bill.

Back